Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: The Rant Thread (v1.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    One of my favorite tarot Youtuber and closest friend The KnightReader Tarot was terminated on Youtube for no apparent reason. He was doing very well on Youtube and he hasn't violated any rules at all. YouTube punished smaller Youtubers for no apparent reason and they always give larger Youtubers a free pass for violating their rules and guidelines. YouTube is completely unfair for being unjust and incompetent to do their jobs.
    Update: Well I got great news. The KnightReader Tarot was reinstated on Youtube.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 26 Feb 2021 at 08:54.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

So anyway. I asked a random tarot reader from Biddy Tarot about tarot reading about what's can except in Easter. So the reader agrees and she gives a reading. I give my honest feedback and tell her the reading is decent. (She was way off with some of the answers in my reading). She said that my father was abusive to me and he was responsible for my childhood trauma and she gives me articles of childhood trauma. I told her that my father was abusive to me and he left the family. There was no childhood trauma. But then she was trying to make it even more difficult by giving her more articles on childhood trauma. I told her. Look you're not getting the message my father was never abusive to me and there was no childhood trauma and this has no relevance to this reading. I wasn't being mean. She was trying to be a therapist and doesn't want to listen to my message.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

It's bad enough that my people (People of Color) get too much racism from bigots and now they're ganging up on Asians too?! Like WTF is going on with this planet anyway?!

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

The United States Postal Service. That's my rant. Twice in the past year I've mailed out things of great importance, certified, signature required, tracked, etc. and they've disappeared into the twilight zone for 2 weeks or more!!! Thankfully, both eventually resurfaced. The recent one was my tax stuff I sent to my accountant. They finally got it last night, but the tracking number still reads that it has to be scheduled for re-delivery. (It said there was a delivery attempt but no one was there to sign, which is nonsense.) It was missing for 2 1/2 weeks and my primary concern was that if some derelict got ahold of it, well, there's my SS #, bank statements, etc., etc. and the next thing I know there'd be some evil clone of me out there buying big ticket items from Amazon.

Mind you, my electric bill and all that stuff always seems to get to me without delay....

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Guess I'll do a rant here just to add something.

About a year ago, maybe a bit more, we replaced the engine in our truck. So our son comes home and say's there is a knocking in the engine. Yep, one of the rods and bearings is knocking and the engine is going. Who knows how long it would last. Warranty won't hold because we didn't have all the fluids and such done at special places and have exact receipts. Due to age of truck and price of a new engine or rebuild it's not even worth it to pursue either route. That's the beginning of the week.

Lay down because not feeling well, lovely side effect of seizures. Get up later and decide I need something from the refrigerator and notice the light is out. Granddaughter says "It blew out when she opened it a few hours ago!" Think ok, no big deal just change the bulb out. Open the freezer and happened to notice everything is sweating and think this is not ok. So begin the debug process. Finally arrive at the conclusion the fridge has died it's final death and begin the dance of the bumble bee as I try to get all the stuff either into the freezer or cooler. As I'm doing all this call the wife to tell her. She's on the road with our grandson. She's able to make arrangements to have a new one delivered the next day fortunately, find that out when she gets home. Remember I'm doing the flight of the bumble bee cleaning coolers, moving stuff, getting ice packs into the freezer so they are ready if things have to carry on.

Just for added bonus points when we go to unhook the water line to the refrigerator we cut the switch off. Thinking yes we turned it off. Only to discover the guts of the switch have broken off, yes our house was built in the 70's and the innards have come apart. So the kitchen floor is flooded when the line is pulled away and there is a healthy flow of water everywhere. Wife didn't tell me she was doing this I only discover this later. Had to cut the main water line off to stop the flow as when the line was hooked back to the refrigerator is continued to leak. How many towels does it take to clean up a flood? Every one we had used multiple times.

We were real stimulating this week, picked up two new bills.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Witch
    Phrase
    Move forward with purpose. -Sherillyn Kenyon

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    Guess I'll do a rant here just to add something.

About a year ago, maybe a bit more, we replaced the engine in our truck. So our son comes home and say's there is a knocking in the engine. Yep, one of the rods and bearings is knocking and the engine is going. Who knows how long it would last. Warranty won't hold because we didn't have all the fluids and such done at special places and have exact receipts. Due to age of truck and price of a new engine or rebuild it's not even worth it to pursue either route. That's the beginning of the week.

Lay down because not feeling well, lovely side effect of seizures. Get up later and decide I need something from the refrigerator and notice the light is out. Granddaughter says "It blew out when she opened it a few hours ago!" Think ok, no big deal just change the bulb out. Open the freezer and happened to notice everything is sweating and think this is not ok. So begin the debug process. Finally arrive at the conclusion the fridge has died it's final death and begin the dance of the bumble bee as I try to get all the stuff either into the freezer or cooler. As I'm doing all this call the wife to tell her. She's on the road with our grandson. She's able to make arrangements to have a new one delivered the next day fortunately, find that out when she gets home. Remember I'm doing the flight of the bumble bee cleaning coolers, moving stuff, getting ice packs into the freezer so they are ready if things have to carry on.

Just for added bonus points when we go to unhook the water line to the refrigerator we cut the switch off. Thinking yes we turned it off. Only to discover the guts of the switch have broken off, yes our house was built in the 70's and the innards have come apart. So the kitchen floor is flooded when the line is pulled away and there is a healthy flow of water everywhere. Wife didn't tell me she was doing this I only discover this later. Had to cut the main water line off to stop the flow as when the line was hooked back to the refrigerator is continued to leak. How many towels does it take to clean up a flood? Every one we had used multiple times.

We were real stimulating this week, picked up two new bills.
    I feel this. Due to the derecho, we needed a new roof and AC this year. We replaced the furnace at the same time because it was cheaper that way (it was a 50+ year old furnace, so old you couldn't find a date on it and replacing it at the same time as the AC pretty much eliminated labor costs). Also had to replace the washer and dryer, and repair our RV. We've been luck that we actually had a little in savings and got stimulus payments this year.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Granting that I think the flag appears too often to start with, if your business is going to fly the flag on its property then do not put a flag for your personal company above the flag of the Union. Your pissant local chain does not take precedence over the country.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

China is a horrible country full of unfair and crappy laws. The other day my friend wanted to learn tarot and I told him to get a tarot deck and book. He said that divination books are banned in China. I was very shocked and surprised about China. Anything foreign is banned in China. I don't get how could a country other than North Korea could be so horrible with their unfair laws.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    China is a horrible country full of unfair and crappy laws. The other day my friend wanted to learn tarot and I told him to get a tarot deck and book. He said that divination books are banned in China. I was very shocked and surprised about China. Anything foreign is banned in China. I don't get how could a country other than North Korea could be so horrible with their unfair laws.
    China is on a list of countries that I really want to see for historical sites and can't imagine myself setting foot in without either

A. Massive societal change on their part
    Or
    B. Possession of a diplomatic visa with full or near full immunity on my part.

As I have zero desire to join the State Department and China seems unlikely to make massive changes in a direction I like in a timely manner, I don't expect to visit.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan
    Phrase
    Because I knew nothing, nothing was beneath me.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    China is on a list of countries that I really want to see for historical sites and can't imagine myself setting foot in without either

A. Massive societal change on their part
    Or
    B. Possession of a diplomatic visa with full or near full immunity on my part.

As I have zero desire to join the State Department and China seems unlikely to make massive changes in a direction I like in a timely manner, I don't expect to visit.
    Depending on what historic bits you're specifically interested in, it might be better to visit Japan. For example, Japan has far more extant Tang era style architecture than China. It's obviously a bit different overall, but in many ways Japan and Korea have more of old China than China does.
    “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
    -Madeline Miller, Circe