My 9/11 Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 9/11 Story

Hello everyone. I'll tell you my story about that September 11, 2001. When I was 16 years old I was at the school bus on my way to childhood school. I was at the Brooklyn Bridge and my friends and I saw the planes crashing the Twin Towers. They asked me if they were making a movie but I told then I don't think they're making a movie I think it was real. But then it was a normal day after I went downstairs so many people, teachers, staff members, and students were at the main lobby and the teachers said we were under attack. My reaction was like wow, really? It was crazy. Then I went to the school bus on my way home and I got home about by 5:30 PM. I told my mom after what happen to the Twin Towers building and she saw it. That's my 9/11 story.

Re: My 9/11 Story

I remember the day. Me and my father was in the office of our business, my stepmother came running in carrying a radio and she yelled listen to this, there has been a terriost attack. We turned on the computer and watched the live news the rest of the day.

Comment

I can also remember that day exactly!

Comment

Not long before that day, I had recovered a portrait of myself that my parents had done in NYC when I was 8. My mother had written the date on the back, 9/11/65. So I thought to myself, that date is approaching, I'll take the train into the city (I lived in NJ at the time) and go up in the towers since I'd never been, and then meet a friend for lunch. The day dawned and it was such a beautiful day I thought, this isn't a city day, it's a beach day, and I went to fill my gas tank to go for a ride down the shore. The attendant at the station was yelling about something on the news and I turned on the car radio. The first tower had been hit. I drove a couple of minutes to the Raritan bay where I could see the skyline and saw the smoke. While I was there I heard on the radio that the Pentagon had also been hit, and I went home, knowing this was no accident. I remember driving past the train station and thinking some of those cars parked there that morning would never be driven by their owners again.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          Not long before that day, I had recovered a portrait of myself that my parents had done in NYC when I was 8. My mother had written the date on the back, 9/11/65. So I thought to myself, that date is approaching, I'll take the train into the city (I lived in NJ at the time) and go up in the towers since I'd never been, and then meet a friend for lunch. The day dawned and it was such a beautiful day I thought, this isn't a city day, it's a beach day, and I went to fill my gas tank to go for a ride down the shore. The attendant at the station was yelling about something on the news and I turned on the car radio. The first tower had been hit. I drove a couple of minutes to the Raritan bay where I could see the skyline and saw the smoke. While I was there I heard on the radio that the Pentagon had also been hit, and I went home, knowing this was no accident. I remember driving past the train station and thinking some of those cars parked there that morning would never be driven by their owners again.
          It's crazy when things like this happen.

In 2011, I spent three month traveling around southeast Asia - it was a great trip. What the trip ACTUALLY was supposed to be was three months in North Africa, but I changed my mind and travel plans last minute to jump on an opportunity to do a lecture series at a Buddhist monastery.

During the three months I was in Asia is when Egypt had their coup - I mean, maybe I would have been fine, but Egypt is where I had planned on basing myself out of, and it seems awfully weird and coincidental that by changing my mind last minute, I avoided civil unrest in a foreign country.

I also passed through Hong Kong two days before they shut down the airport in 2019. If I taken the extra week off work like I wanted, I might have gotten trapped in HK for five weeks with military action.

Life is strange.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            It's crazy when things like this happen.

In 2011, I spent three month traveling around southeast Asia - it was a great trip. What the trip ACTUALLY was supposed to be was three months in North Africa, but I changed my mind and travel plans last minute to jump on an opportunity to do a lecture series at a Buddhist monastery.

During the three months I was in Asia is when Egypt had their coup - I mean, maybe I would have been fine, but Egypt is where I had planned on basing myself out of, and it seems awfully weird and coincidental that by changing my mind last minute, I avoided civil unrest in a foreign country.

I also passed through Hong Kong two days before they shut down the airport in 2019. If I taken the extra week off work like I wanted, I might have gotten trapped in HK for five weeks with military action.

Life is strange.
            Wow - yes, life is indeed strange. A series of perceived coincidences and oddly related things can make so much difference!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
            X