aphrodisiac herbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aphrodisiac herbs

I thought this would be a topic worth discussion and a new topic to the forum...

aphrodisiacs are named after the Goddess Aphrodite

of course aphrodisiac herbs are popular with practitioners of sex magik - but they can also be implemented in love spells and used as offerings in ritual

I will get the thread rolling with a little blurb on my favorite herb Dittany Of Crete (DOC)

even the origins of DOC is swirled in romance - the herb is only found high atop mountainsides in Crete Greece which according to mythology is the birthplace of Zeus - the pink blossoms of the plant are hermaphrodite - they have both male and female organs - and only the fittest and most passionate of men would venture up brutal gorges to collect the highly prized herb - there are MANY deaths assiciated with trying to collect DOC - the flowers/blossoms are used as love tokens and are received with great favor reflecting the monumental effort it takes to obtain them - the herb itself is hihhly medicinal and used in pharmaceuticals - more traditional uses include - perfumery - beauty products - cooking - and flavoring vermouth and absinthe - DOC is classed as "rare" and is protected by law so that it does not become extinct

DOC is THEE most effective aphrodisiac herb I have ever worked with - my experience is that the Gods and Goddesses find GREAT favor when used as an offering - I also use it combined with other herbs and burn it atop coals in rituals and have experienced unbelievable and mind blowing results with sex magik intentions -

would love to hear from others about aphrodisiac herbs...
    Last edited by CottonIchor; 28 Sep 2020, 04:14.

Re: aphrodisiac herbs

Sex magic isn't my thing, but I do have knowledge of a particular herb, traditionally sprinkled on a thin piece paper and rolled into a tube. This tube is ignited at one end, and the fumes are drawn into the lungs. Again, traditionally, this tubular fumulator is shared by people either standing or seated in a close circle, while music is played loudly.

This ritual frequently induces erotic feelings, nominally referred to as "being cannakissed."

Ritualists who have more money than they need will often indulge in elaborate glass structures to replace the common paper-wrapped herb.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 28 Sep 2020, 07:04.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Ritualists who have more money than they need will often indulge in elaborate glass structures to replace the common paper-wrapped herb.
      Ritualists who have weak lungs also indulge in elaborate glass structures, Corbin

I've never heard of the herb you mentioned, Cotton. I have in the past used damiana, and muira puama, though. They both taste like dirt.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Ritualists who have weak lungs also indulge in elaborate glass structures, Corbin
        Some people of whom I've heard rumors have a concoction of specially prepared butter added to a nice cuppa...

- - - Updated - - -

Some people of whom I've heard rumors have a concoction of specially prepared butter added to a nice cuppa...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've never heard of the herb you mentioned, Cotton. I have in the past used damiana, and muira puama, though. They both taste like dirt.
          Cretan dittany is really famous as a medical herb in classical writing for all sorts of ailments. It's also kind of hard to find and usually kind of expensive to get the real stuff. It is considered vulnerable, which might be why its not super commonly used anymore. It's mentioned by Hippocrates, Aristotle, and in the Aeneid. It was considered one of the most potent medical herbs, especially for arrow wounds, but was used for all sorts of thing. It's in the same family as oregano and marjoram, which in the interest of sustainability I would recommend over it. When I went into a deep dive researching classical Greek witchcraft it was something that came up over and over.

Sex magic specifically isn't really my thing either, but for similar magic I tend toward things like rose and cinnamon. I remember reading a journal testing the physiological effects of caltrop plant to confirm it's historic folk use as an aphrodisiac. The journal noted that the plant had androgen releasing properties and stimulated spermatogenesis. I enjoy scientific research into folk remedies, but I haven't had much reason to partake myself, plus it isn't native to my region.

It is always good to do research though since sometimes plants create chemicals that mimic body hormones to produce their effects and this can impact the body in unintended ways over time. For example some common herbal medicines like licorice and green tea have anti-androgen properties, and some like licorice are also sources of phytoestrogens. These aren't necessarily pros or cons, and the research is still being done, but I do find it interesting and I think when we are seeking out natural substances that alter our bodies we should be aware of what exactly they are doing physiologically, especially when seeking out herbs that impact the body's hormonal responses.
          Circe

Comment

^ thanks for your reply

I am aware of the issues surrounding DOC - thus I have my supply shipped in directly from Crete - it is expensive compared to other herbs but not more so than other things like mandrake root - considering it's sustainability I feel like I use a minimal amount in comparison to others and I justify it by "what better use is there than an offering to the Gods"

damiana cinnamon rose st john and cocoa is some of the other ingredients I use when preparing a smudge blend for sex magik intentions...

your blurb about licorice and green tea is fascinating - I have never used them in my practice but I know they are wildly popular with other practitioners

Comment

Working...
            X