cold coffee brewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold coffee brewing

i just got a cold coffee brewing set and did an first brew and i love how the coffee is while still strong very smooth and not a bit bitter,i would recommend this method though it takes over night in the fridge
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: cold coffee brewing

When I worked as a barista I was surprised to realize how simple it is to make cold brew coffee. It can be a bit of a pain to do at home, I mean I certainly don't have fridge space for any appreciable amount of coffee, but I agree that cold brew is much better. Heating changes the way coffee tastes and it's fun to be able to taste the difference between traditional and cold brew when you've got a good bean.
    Circe

Comment

I'll try it.

I love messing with coffee & tea.

(I just got an antique samovar)
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I love coffee both hot and cold - my partner drinks leftover hot coffee as a cold brew - I think it is awful and always buy prepared cold brew at the grocery store - it cost me about $5a jug - I know that's not cost effective - at some point I am going to have to get with the program and learn how to cold brew....

Comment

Originally posted by CottonIchor View Post
          I love coffee both hot and cold - my partner drinks leftover hot coffee as a cold brew - I think it is awful and always buy prepared cold brew at the grocery store - it cost me about $5a jug - I know that's not cost effective - at some point I am going to have to get with the program and learn how to cold brew....
          Not to sound like a coffee snob, but leftover hot coffee served cold is just ice coffee. Cold brew is not hot at any point. To make cold brew you'll get a big ol filter, or a permeable food safe bag, then fill it with grounds, the amount will vary depending on how much and how strong you want it. Fill your container with cold water and put your filter/bag in, then mix it around to make sure the water saturates everything and stays submerged. Let it soak in the fridge overnight. The coffee shop I worked at soaked for 20 hours, but I'm not sure how necessary that is.
          Circe

Comment

I love cold coffee,most people i know that make it at home use a large container and let it stay in the fridge, cold coffee is smoother tasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              Not to sound like a coffee snob, but leftover hot coffee served cold is just ice coffee. Cold brew is not hot at any point. To make cold brew you'll get a big ol filter, or a permeable food safe bag, then fill it with grounds, the amount will vary depending on how much and how strong you want it. Fill your container with cold water and put your filter/bag in, then mix it around to make sure the water saturates everything and stays submerged. Let it soak in the fridge overnight. The coffee shop I worked at soaked for 20 hours, but I'm not sure how necessary that is.
              I've only ever soaked for twelve hours.

I love cold brew. I don't make it very often though, because it uses up the most grams per volume of bean out of all my coffee making methods. I only use 14g to make a double espresso, but I use up to 30g for a pour over, up to 50g for a french press (if I make the whole press), and cold brew is even higher. From purely a cost per bean standpoint, espresso is the most cost effective (if you already own an espresso machine).

On the topic of tea + coffee, I've mixed loose chai tea with coffee in a french press before, and it's fantastic. Recommend.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
              X