Tarot Court Cards In Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarot Court Cards In Games

So anyway I was watching TarotOracle Livestream on Youtube last night and I was having a chat with one of my Youtube friends on his Livestream chat about the dream I have two nights ago about playing chess with the King of Swords. He happens to be a very good chess player (Grandmaster level) and he beat me two times already. He even talks in the dream how he plays chess with his family and his friends (Wands, Cups, and Pentacles). So anyway I was just thinking how would Tarot Court Cards fit in games?

Re: Tarot Court Cards In Games

Tarot cards have their origins with other card based games and probably have a common origin with normal playing cards. The suites are straight conversions (heart= cup, spade=sword, club= wands, coins = diamonds) and some has been written theorizing they represent different social classes. The arcana are comparable (in terms of the social class example), but aren't included in standard playing cards. There's likely many different games to be played with them since tarot does seem to have originally just been a game.
    Circe

Comment

Re: Tarot Court Cards In Games

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
      Tarot cards have their origins with other card-based games and probably have a common origin with normal playing cards. The suites are straight conversions (heart= cup, spade=sword, club= wands, coins = diamonds) and some has been written theorizing they represent different social classes. The arcana is comparable (in terms of the social class example) but isn't included in standard playing cards. There are likely many different games to be played with them since the tarot does seem to have originally just been a game.
      Yes, I do understand that the Tarot is based on a card game but I'm talking about the type of games that each court card represents and the type of player they are.

Comment

Working...
      X