Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Really Don't Get These Social Cues At All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Really Don't Get These Social Cues At All!

Whenever I do something right, I get yell at or people don't tell me anything. I mean the signal was very clear for me which I thought that people can understand that. But they don't tell me anything or they get the wrong idea. At this point, I don't even care anymore.

Re: I Really Don't Get These Social Cues At All!

I also have a hard time with social cues. I don't understand the doublespeak and how people just don't get to the point.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      I also have a hard time with social cues. I don't understand the doublespeak and how people just don't get to the point.
      I know right. I can give you so many examples such as a few weeks ago I have a stupid fight with one of my Facebook friends over the Netflix decision. He made a post that he was going to watch Netflix. I made a comment saying that I don't watch Netflix because of the Cuties controversy. He said they decided to choose and don't watch it. I said that it looks like that you're defending Netflix for selecting that film. He said he wasn't. I said ok I understand and the next thing I know he got upset thinking that I was making assumptions. Which I wasn't. So I told him to calm down after that he deleted his post.

Comment

I generally find that if a subject comes up that I know will cause issues for whatever reason I just avoid the topic. It's not worth the arguments most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eryx_UK View Post
          I generally find that if a subject comes up that I know will cause issues for whatever reason I just avoid the topic. It's not worth the arguments most of the time.
          Exactly. There are hills worth fighting over. Casual conversation among friends isn't one of em.

As for the OP, you aren't alone. Everyone has difficulty navigating social interactions - even extroverts. There will always be people who don't like what you have to say, and that's ok. I find that just being open and respectful with people seems to work for me. When it doesn't, then meh. :=L: Oh well!

Comment

Working...
          X