Tablet Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet Recommendations?

I've got a bit of money right now and I want to take a crack at jumping to digital art again. It's been eight or so years since my last tablet, which was third hand at the time and broke shortly after anyway. I figure that there's probably been a lot of advancement in product specs since then. I wanted to ask what people have experience with and what they like to use.

I'd prefer to stay sub $300 USD. I'm looking for 2000+ pressure sensitivity and something that I can use with my computer, not a standalone device. I'm not super interested in a "beginner product" that might sacrifice functionality since I want to keep this for awhile.

So, any recommendations?
    “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
    -Madeline Miller, Circe

Re: Tablet Recommendations?

The one I use is an intuos, I'm super happy with it. And it was affordable. Although mine is specifically for photo editing, so I can't recommend a specific model for drawing. I know a few artist who are really happy with intuos too.

- - - Updated - - -

*I should add it's a wacom intuos.

also I just saw deviantart is having a contest for a wacom drawing tablet going on right now, might be worth taking a look if you're on there.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Re: Tablet Recommendations?

I ended up getting a huion after a friend mentioned they're much cheaper but still good quality. Watched some review videos and after comparing the huion products I looked at were comparable to things $60-100 more.

I got the huion WH 1409 v2. Which, yes, does sound like gibberish to me also, but it's a great tablet. No display screen, but I didn't really care about that anyway. The thing is huge, easily covers my desk, and has a wireless option. Pressure sensitivity goes up to 8k something and it has a lot of shortcut keys.

Here's a twitter icon I made for myself using it.
      Attached Files
      “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
      Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
      -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Working...
      X