Winter storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter storm

snowmageddion i guess coming down hard almost a foot and a half so far? east coast new jersey
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Winter storm

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    snowmageddion i guess coming down hard almost a foot and a half so far? east coast new jersey
    I have a day off of work today because of a snow day.

Comment

A friend of mine in northern NJ sent pics - looks like about 2 feet of snow! I'm glad I'm not there.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm in central New York and it's been coming down for around five hours now. Heavy snow at night is among my favorite things. Everything is coated and peaceful, thrown into twilight through the reflected light. It may be a problem in the future, but for now it's beautiful to watch.
        Circe

Comment

Zero snow in The Great White North of Michigan...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

we've gotten a few warnings of snow, and one day there was an attempted dusting of snow but nothing's stuck so far. At least not in any areas below about 500ft of sea level.
            In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

I think we have about 5inches of snow and more to come over night. The area is calling it a snow storm. To be fair, snow is not a normal or regular occurrence at this altitude in this area.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

We have had big snow here in N.MI.

Expectations are for several more inches tomorrow.

By & large, we've had below average temps & snowfall.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Sittin' here in central OK waiting for the snow to begin in ernest. Forecasted to snow through Wednesday, with a possible 20-30 inch aggregate accumulation.
                  Last edited by Rick; 13 Feb 2021, 22:49.
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                  And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Southern MO - cold and snowy - not lots of snow (yet - we'll see what tomorrow brings) but temps around the zero point. Every forecast says something a little different but the consensus is this whole week's gonna bite the big one. By next weekend we should be up in the 40s, which will feel downright tropical! I'm well-supplied and not stepping foot outside until this crap melts off.
                    sigpic

Comment

We had somewhere around 7"-8" of snow during the Valentine's Day Massacre snowstorm; waiting for another 8" overnight tonight. Oklahoma is a young state... official weather records only go back to 1890. But so far this winter, we've managed to not just break but absolutely shatter just about every record (example, the air temp, not the wind chill, was -16F at 7:00 this morning). Plus the electric companies are doing rolling blackouts of up to two hours (and yes, they've shut down power to the local water plant), and the natural gas company is threatening to do the same.

Can we have 2020 back?
                      Last edited by Rick; 16 Feb 2021, 08:55.
                      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                      Clan of my Clan
                      Kin of my Kin
                      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

We got a few inches of snow - hard to tell how much because of drifts. Temps hit -8 last night which is the lowest in 130 years, according to what I'm reading. I'm REALLY looking forward to the 50-something temps predicted for a week from now.
                        sigpic

Comment

nj got a bit of that and more to come next few days,though it is 45 right now
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                          X