My Female Friend And Her Niece Got COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Female Friend And Her Niece Got COVID

Hey everyone. I got some sad news to tell you. I was talking to my female friend on the phone today and she told me that she and her niece got tested positive for COVID! At the moment she and her niece are resting and quarantine.

Re: My Female Friend And Her Niece Got COVID

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hey everyone. I got some sad news to tell you. I was talking to my female friend on the phone today and she told me that she and her niece got tested positive for COVID! At the moment she and her niece are resting and quarantine.
    I'm sorry. I hope they are asymptomatic or have mild cases and recover quickly.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      I'm sorry. I hope they are asymptomatic or have mild cases and recover quickly.
      I hope so too.

Comment

So anyway here's the update. Yesterday I call my friend on the phone that she and her name was resting in bed and she going back to the doctor later today to see how her health is turning out.

- - - Updated - - -

I got wonderful news to tell you. I was talking to my friend on the phone today! My friend and her niece no longer got COVID. Their 10 days are up. They beat COVID! I'm so happy!

Comment

I found out today that my cousin in NJ has it. He's been home sick for several days.

I think I'm getting the J&J vaccine on Friday (the only reason I'm not sure yet is I'm not certain the system for registration worked right, but I'll double check tomorrow or Thurs.) I'm so relieved we're getting that one here - the other ones are good too, but my anxiety would take a big toll on me during the wait between doses. One and done is much better for my state of mind. Some of the efficacy studies look like that one's less effective, but the trials were conducted under completely different circumstances, so the results aren't comparable. (My aunt's a recently retired clinical trial manager and knows how all that stuff works.)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            I found out today that my cousin in NJ has it. He's been home sick for several days.

I think I'm getting the J&J vaccine on Friday (the only reason I'm not sure yet is I'm not certain the system for registration worked right, but I'll double check tomorrow or Thurs.) I'm so relieved we're getting that one here - the other ones are good too, but my anxiety would take a big toll on me during the wait between doses. One and done is much better for my state of mind. Some of the efficacy studies look like that one's less effective, but the trials were conducted under completely different circumstances, so the results aren't comparable. (My aunt's a recently retired clinical trial manager and knows how all that stuff works.)
            Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he feels better.
            Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 08 Apr 2021, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he feels better.
              Thank you. He's now in the hospital, but they say he's just on the borderline of needing to be - so he's not doing TOO bad. My other cousin (his sister) has flown to where he is to help out. She's fully vaccinated already.

I did end up getting the J&J shot yesterday (Friday) morning! No ill effects other than a VERY slightly sore feeling right where the needle went in. I was home within a half hour of the shot, did my arm exercises right away, kept moving it around all day, drank lots of water, etc., and so far so good!
              sigpic

Comment

[post deleted my user]
                Last edited by Guest; 28 Sep 2021, 00:15.

Comment

I'm glad that your friend and her niece does not have CoVid! Thank goodness!
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                  X