Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... That was stupid

So...

Weather being nice I decided to go for a nature walk. While out at the local pond, I nabbed three tadpoles for my aquarium - and got busted by DNR.

Ferrealzies?

Turns out that I need a fishing license (not yet bought), and tadpoles are out of season until the last week in May.

I never knew that...

Good thing he didn't catch me with a slime mold sample. Probably need some kind of permit for that.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 11 Apr 2021, 10:35.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Well... That was stupid

...ok my middle school biology classes would have been crime parties if that was how things worked here xD sorry. It's kind of funny.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

as a kid i caught blue belly lizards and alligator lizards2f932d1689c76ecf8e5a7f8290ff5376.jpg
      and Southern-Alligator-Lizard.jpg
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        ...ok my middle school biology classes would have been crime parties if that was how things worked here xD sorry. It's kind of funny.
        Yeah. I laugh it off onnacountta not being fined.

But I was going to go out & collect mud & water samples today, and now I'm wondering if I need some kind of permit to do amateur science.

Seems like the Depart of Natural Resources (DNR - American park police) ought to be encouraging an interest in local ecology...
        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 12 Apr 2021, 06:37.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The interest that they're regulating re tadpoles is very much already there, and commercial. Poachers scout as hikers then come back with nets. Also, worth noting, you do need a license to take samples, and you'll need to get pre-cleared in addition if you intend to take them from any active management area (school boards handle this as a matter of course and cooperation - there are often standing arrangements). All of this is very much down to the numbers nuts and bolts of preserving local ecology so that there's something there to appreciate going forward. Especially...especially in watershed management areas.

All of this is federal, there may be even more state or local regulations - but if a local or state park takes federal grant money, then there going to have committed to the provisions of the grant and so, too, even if the property is private, those regulations.

Comment

Well, it's good to know that I'll have to hide my diatom thefts in the future.

Just so everybody knows, when diatoms, colonial algae, green hydras, and tardigrades go extinct it'll be my fault.
            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 13 Apr 2021, 05:42.

Comment

Working...
            X