George Floyd Got Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Floyd Got Justice

Ladies and gentlemen, we did it. We finally did it. Derek Chauvin is found guilty of all counts. I hope the judge will give him a harsh sentence: Life or death.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 20 Apr 2021, 14:46.

Re: George Floyd Got Justice

Much of the world breathed a sigh of relief, myself included! I'm sure they'll try an appeal, but it won't go far. I haven't seen this much interest in a trial since O.J. Simpson's big deal. Hey did they ever catch Nicole's killer? (snark) You know what, seriously I believe that O.J. being let go caused a lot of issues that have reverberated for decades. Everybody "knew" he did it, but he got away with it, and we got the Kardashians as a bonus.

Anyway, Chauvin has that kind of psycho Woody Harrelson look about him. I don't see him surviving long in prison - just my gut feeling.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      Much of the world breathed a sigh of relief, myself included! I'm sure they'll try an appeal, but it won't go far. I haven't seen this much interest in a trial since O.J. Simpson's big deal. Hey did they ever catch Nicole's killer? (snark) You know what, seriously I believe that O.J. being let go caused a lot of issues that have reverberated for decades. Everybody "knew" he did it, but he got away with it, and we got the Kardashians as a bonus.

Anyway, Chauvin has that kind of psycho Woody Harrelson look about him. I don't see him surviving long in prison - just my gut feeling.
      Yes. I agree and feel the same way as you Hawkfeathers.

Comment

he faces a max of 40 years in jail no small sentence in truth
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          he faces a max of 40 years in jail no small sentence in truth
          That's not long enough. He needs a life or death sentence.

Comment

He's probably going to serve about 10 or twelve years - first time offender, model prisoner, leo. He will certainly spend whatever time he does behind bars in a special arrangement or facility, on account of the gp maybe trying to murder a murderous cop and all. If his lawyer plays it right, might get him a spot at club fed.

There is no death sentence in that state - a fact which made floyds summary execution all the more ironic. If you can manage to avoid being killed by the responding officers, there is precisely zero chance that you will be murdered by the system no matter what you did.
            Last edited by Rhythm; 21 Apr 2021, 05:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
              He's probably going to serve about 10 or twelve years - first time offender, model prisoner, leo.

There is no death sentence in that state - a fact which made floyds summary execution all the more ironic. If you can manage to avoid being killed by the responding officers, there is precisely zero chance that you will be murdered by the system no matter what you did.
              I wish they have a death sentence in that state.

Comment

The human heart is inscrutable, but, if they did....it would be used to kill george floyd, not derek chauvin.

Comment

Inscrutable. That's a new word that I learn today.

Comment

It's a good word. I'll give you some examples of how the death penalty would play out - let's say that there was an otherwise identical altercation between floyd and police, only, floyds alleged crime lead to a firefight in which an accomplice of his was shot dead by the police. Who, in that event, is guilty of the murder? Floyd, or the cops? Well, the law will tell you floyd, and intentionally so if any reasonable person forces or compels another to do a thing that they know will get them killed - like shooting at a cop.

Chauvin was tried and convicted for an unintentional murder. If Chauvin had killed floyds accomplice as above, floyd would be on trial for intentional murder. Which of the two do you think you can reliably expect the death penalty for, in a death state?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
                      It's a good word. I'll give you some examples of how the death penalty would play out - let's say that there was an otherwise identical altercation between floyd and police, only, floyds alleged crime lead to a firefight in which an accomplice of his was shot dead by the police. Who, in that event, is guilty of the murder? Floyd, or the cops? Well, the law will tell you floyd, and intentionally so if any reasonable person forces or compels another to do a thing that they know will get them killed - like shooting at a cop.

Chauvin was tried and convicted for an unintentional murder. If Chauvin had killed floyds accomplice as above, floyd would be on trial for intentional murder. Which of the two do you think you can reliably expect the death penalty for, in a death state?
                      You got a point there.

Comment

Working...
                      X