Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice on puppy teething?

Hi everyone,

So we just got a new puppy three weeks ago. She will be 3 months old on the 25th of this month. We're having some problems with her teething. She bites at our feet and ankles. She'll bite at our fingers and chins and ear lobes if we're not careful. We're trying advice from the Internet and I am going to call our vet to see if we can get any advice tomorrow. I just want to know if you all have any advice at all. Thanks ahead of time.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Any advice on puppy teething?

What kind of dog is it?

Some of the herding breeds nip at ankles - it is part of their herding technique, and is a natural instinct.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

She's a Morkie (half Yorkshire Terrier/ half Maltese.) Both are part of the type of the toy group. So I don't know exactly if it is because she is a smaller puppy or what. She is 3.2 lbs. She can't climb stairs yet and we have to carry her up. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Try rubber chew toys that squeak and have lots of raised nubbies are good and come in sizes for smaller dogs.

Also, the soft plush toy-like things, but they won't last as long.

LOL - don't leave your shoes on the floor. Or computer charging cords. It's similar to having small children - you have to adjust to them somewhat.

Oh - and as much walking and playing as they can stand.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone!
            Anubisa

Comment

So that's it, Anubisa? We don't get pics o' de pup?

Comment

LOL! Sorry! bella1.jpgbella1.jpgbella1.jpgbella1.jpg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by anubisa; 20 Jul 2021, 19:14.
                Anubisa

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the party she's adorable. I work in a dog salon. There are special teething toys. Rubber rings with nubs are popular for them, not unlike stuff I've seen for human kids.
                  Biting is a natural behaviour for them. I usually call puppies land sharks because of the little needle sharp teeth and tendency to bite. To an extend, it's like a toddler grabbing everything they see with their hands. But it's a behaviour you wanna start training away as soon as possible. Came across this, it talks about it a bit https://www.thepuppyacademy.com/blog...y-from-nipping
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    LOL! Sorry! [ATTACH=CONFIG]5525[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5525[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5525[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5525[/ATTACH]
                    Awww! The pup is beautiful!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Her name is Bella Grace. We got her because her sister was alone. Long story short. We got her sister, Lily Rose, because the old man (Walter James) lost his sister last year in July. She just gave up. We eventually had to put him down because he gave up. He just missed his sister too much. He cared for Lily, but she wasn't a replacement for his sister. Lily needed a sister, so we got her a sister. They're doing great. Bella is a 2nd generation Morkie. Mother and Father are both Morkies. Lol!
                      Anubisa

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about Walter, but glad you're home is filled with loving dogs.

Comment

Thank you. Me too. We're very happy too.
                          Anubisa

Comment

Old thread..but, in case anyone else asks what to do about teething puppies. Raw lamb. Works everytime, for all breeds.
                            Last edited by Rhythm; 13 Oct 2021, 20:33.

Comment

Yeah I'm still having trouble with Bella. I've got bite marks all over my feet and ankles. So any more suggestions will help.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                              X