My Serious Problem With People Who Are COVID Deniers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Serious Problem With People Who Are COVID Deniers

My serious problem with people who are COVID Deniers is that they think it's a joke to them. Like seriously it has been more than a year since the pandemic started and some don't want to wear a mask and refused to get vaccinated. I just don't understand why people have to be virtually brainless to have their idiotic mindset and think that COVID is just the normal flu to them. I have to cut off one of my friends on Facebook last year because he's a COVID denier and he thinks that the pandemic is a scam. I'm no longer associated with that person because he's a moron who doesn't have any sign of intelligence to be convinced that COVID is real. It's just very infuriating that some people still have that brainless and I don't want to have any associated with these moronic, brainless idiots.

Re: My Serious Problem With People Who Are COVID Deniers

I agree with you. I think people are rather stupid if they don't get these shots. At least do it to protect others around you. Plus if you go to the government website or your state website you can plainly see the statistics and verify that COVID is real. However, people continue to ignore it. Unfortunately, you can't change people.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My town is really messed up with deniers and a big increase in cases. The hospital is full. School starts on the 23rd so that's going to be a mess, I'm sure.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

There has been a lot on the news about people sending their children to school wearing no masks. They have been protesting the mask rule. However, children below the 12 age mark should be wearing the masks, heck, everyone should be wearing them. Just for safety reasons. It's going to be dangerous if the parents get their way.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          There has been a lot on the news about people sending their children to school wearing no masks. They have been protesting the mask rule. However, children below the 12 age mark should be wearing the masks, heck, everyone should be wearing them. Just for safety reasons. It's going to be dangerous if the parents get their way.
          Good grief, just how virtually brainless these people are? Like coronavirus has mutated into Delta Mode. You think people have some shred of common sense and logic but these people are so hard-headed.

Comment

Glad I'm no longer obligated to be in a school.

Methinks we are entering the neo-dark ages.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I understand. I go to DeVry University online. I'm very happy I don't have to deal with on ground classes anymore. I was worried when I first started online classes if I would be able to do it, however, now I'm a pro. I know here in Morgantown, the students at WVU have to be vaccinated otherwise they can't go to on ground classes. Hopefully, they will still wear masks.
              Anubisa

Comment

This is something that I've had a fair few discussions about of late. A friend of the family refuses to get themselves vaccinated, even though they've always went and gotten their flu vaccine, and their argumentation for not taking it is very weird. Something like 'but you don't know what 'they' put in those vaccines', for example. Which really just proves to me that there's a lot of internet/media fearmongering and misinformation. My government can barely even function on a normal day, but somehow, some people are convinced that they are capable of some kind of mass deception, and all for some extremely vague purpose. And they'd rather believe that than taking a vaccine in the way people have always done up until now.

Though, while I entirely agree that such a stance is, at the least idiotic, and at most dangerous, it basically comes down to the issue of Security vs. Liberty, which are in my opinion mutually exclusive (and require compromise on both accounts). To elaborate and provide a relevant example: It makes sense for the sake of the safety of everyone concerned to deny people coming into your home/store if they are not vaccinated, or even to obligate people to get vaccinated for the security of a nation. However, there's also a principle that I believe the majority of people can agree with: 'I choose what I put in my own body'.

This ends up putting two reasonable, logical statements, one for Security, and one for Liberty, in a state of conflict and can make it difficult to present arguments to the person you're trying to convince.
                Do we overrule other people's fundamental right to manage their own body for the sake of everyone else's security? And if so, how far do we go with something like that, or prevent it from spiraling out of control? If it was the 'security' side of the argument that was grossly misinformed, I'd imagine there to be a lot of protest.

That's just what's been going through my head, on that account. I think the best compromise that can be acted upon, is to continue to debunk all the misinformation that's been put out there concerning Covid and the vaccines. You'd be surprised how much misleading information can be found on all sides of this. (I know someone that works in a hospital that claims the hospital'd been counting non-Covid casualties as Covid casualties, for example. They've no idea why.) It's a strange world we live in...

Comment

The freedom of one ends when that freedom puts another in immediate danger.

The list of basic freedoms in America's Declaration of Independence - life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - is an ordered list. Liberty comes after life.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlsongs View Post
                    Something like 'but you don't know what 'they' put in those vaccines', for example.

Usually said while chomping on fast food, gulping soda, and smoking a cigarette while waiting for their coke/meth/whatever connection to show up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      Usually said while chomping on fast food, gulping soda, and smoking a cigarette while waiting for their coke/meth/whatever connection to show up.
                      Sounds like my standard Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Sounds like my standard Friday...
                        Well, that's tomorrow, so you're just about there !
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, a few minutes ago I block a Facebook friend because he's anti-vax and anti-mask. After that, I exposed him to all my Facebook friends on what type of person he truly is by posting screenshots of his ridiculous anti-vax and anti-mask debate and argument. I really can't associate people like him.

Comment

Working...
                          X