Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

Greetings everyone,
    I'm Dani. I'm new here, I think... But not new to Paganism. Waaaay back in the day I used to be fairly active with the online pagan communities (ye old myspace, ask a witch, mysticwicks, U.R.D & ecauldron days) but wandered away for various reasons. As of late I've gotten curious about the happenings of the broader community again so decided to join some of the forums again.

My personal path & practice is focused on folk practices and Scandinavian / Germanic deity. I enjoy research & studying as a hobby. I collect, read and am learning to repair antique books. I collect all sorts of random things, I'm basically a crow in a human suit. I also study herbalism & aromatherapy with a focus on supportive therapies for animals. I'm learning Korean and trying to brush up on my horrifically rusty Spanish. I enjoy arts & crafts. Total dog nut... Domestically challenged... I've never been good at these intro things so I'll leave it there.

So... Howdy.

Re: Greetings

Hey there. Welcome to our community. I hope we can be a good place to hang out around for awhile.
    Circe

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Howdy.....
        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
        Clan of my Clan
        Kin of my Kin
        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

32 Skee-Doo & howdy, too!

P.S. I have an old book in excellent condition, except that it has four tri-fold pages. The folds on the tri-folds are breaking. How do I fix that correctly?
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            32 Skee-Doo & howdy, too!

P.S. I have an old book in excellent condition, except that it has four tri-fold pages. The folds on the tri-folds are breaking. How do I fix that correctly?
            Hello
            If its losing integrity in the folds, the page can be reinforced. It can vary depending on the type of material the pages are made of, but generally the go to is Japanese tissue paper & nori paste (but I'd go for something more pliable for folds, maybe a botanical fiber based tissue or silk. Granted, I'm an amateur.). There are quite a few videos walking through the process on Youtube. If its not a valuable book and you simply want to reinforce the folds or repair a few tears to prevent further damage, Linco sells some PH neutral archival / document repair tape and self adhesive mending tissue on Amazon that is easier and more cost efficient to use.
            Last edited by ForestSpell; 23 Aug 2021, 06:47.

Comment

Thanks! I'll check that out!
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
              X