Thread: Hello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello

Hello all,

I'm a new member to this site, and (mostly) new to paganism as a whole. I started learning about it from a scholarly perspective back in college when I was focusing on religious studies, and it kind of hooked me, specifically norse paganism/asatru/vanatru. I forgot about it for a long time afterwards, but over the last few months have been feeling a draw back to asatru for some uncertain reason, so have been looking into it, and mostly reading Arith Harger's blog posts. Hoping to learn more by being involved in a pagan forum/community. Hoping this one is still active.

Feb 2020
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

Re: Hello

Hey there! I first questioned the religion I was brought up in when I heard "Ill mind of Hopsin 7". I don't know why but I wound up clicking with Norse Paganism and Asatru too! I actually joined this forum for the exact same reason. I wanted to become more spiritual by involving myself with a community. I've been studying Norse Paganism and many many other old religions for a couple of years now. Welcome to paganism! Let me know if you feel like chatting about it!

Skol!

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Hey there! I first questioned the religion I was brought up in when I heard "Ill mind of Hopsin 7". I don't know why but I wound up clicking with Norse Paganism and Asatru too! I actually joined this forum for the exact same reason. I wanted to become more spiritual by involving myself with a community. I've been studying Norse Paganism and many many other old religions for a couple of years now. Welcome to paganism! Let me know if you feel like chatting about it!

Skol!
    If you don't mind my asking, what was it like for you starting studying the older religions? And have you had any success with finding a community/if you have, what was that like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Howdy! Pleased to meetcha!
    Thank you, you too!

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

Howdy! Pleased to meetcha!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Welcome to the forum!
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Thank you!