Why are you here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you here?

Not as existential as the title makes it sound but...

If you're new, what/who brought you here to the forum?

If you've been here for a while, what brought you here initially and why did you choose to stay?

If you've returned (for whatever reason you had for taking a break, this is not the topic for that), what brought you back?
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Why are you here?

I was looking for an occult/pagan forum to join at the time, found the people here entertaining and exempting some short vacations haven't felt a burning need to go anywhere else. Also, strange people gave me a title which makes farming all of your souls for pizza ingredients easier.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

If I recall correctly I found the site as I was looking for a new forum. A number of the sites I belonged to at the time were in the process of shutting down. A few of the people I knew from other forum's had spoken about the site and were member's themselves.

I've stayed because I have enjoyed most of the conversations I've been a part of. Some active on the boards in the various threads, other more behind the scene via PM's for instance.

I continue to stay because I still find the site to be enjoyable even though the number of threads I am active or participate in have diminished over time.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I was searching for a pagan-friendly, open-minded sort of forum with a diverse membership. I liked it, I guess enough to still be here after all this time!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I join this forum because I was temporarily being banned from another forum for adult content.
          Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 05 Sep 2021, 19:17.

Comment

I returned after a while of being away. I was feeling like I was having a lot of negativity surrounding me. I didn't know if it was me or what. I returned because I missed the interaction and there are several people I missed as well. This forum is also a great forum to interact with.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm here because nobody will talk to me face-to-face due to the squidly growths around my orifices.
              Last edited by B. de Corbin; 06 Sep 2021, 09:26.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Some acquaintances were ranting about the online pagan & witchcraft communities and it made me a bit nostalgic I guess, as well as curious how the old forums and such were doing. I've also started wondering around some of the newer pagan / witch social media apps & sites and its... Interesting...

As for how I originally came across this forum, I can't recall exactly. Probably recommended to me by Rusty or Lala back in the day.

Comment

I've been here for twelve years, and I don't remember why I joined. Probably looking for a sense of community that I never found IRL.

I'm still here because of the connections I've made, because of sentimental attachment to this place that I've been a part of for so long, and because I don't want to see it die as newcomers prefer tiktok and tumblr (and wherever else they go) to get their pagan safe space.

I'm here til the forum dies permanently.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                  X