Ghost town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost town

Thank you for having this board for information. It works well for learning about things I am curious on. There doesnt seem to be much activity, maybe everyone is using more modern platforms, and the social media and all of that.

Re: Ghost town

Well, for those of us who have been here forever, we've sort of talked ourselves out.

But if somebody starts a topic, we're all in.

Speak! Ask! Debate! Question! Give us a little sumpin' to babel about!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

oh so true B De.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Welcome to the forums. We regularly need new blood to ask questions. Personally, it's just hard to bring myself to post a lot of time- especially as my interests have gotten more and more specific. I do enjoy chiming in when appropriate.
        “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
        Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
        -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

I think I fall into the same category as Corvus regarding posting and how much I post / respond to.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

New blood is always helpful. A lot of us are more active if there are topics that we want to respond to then if we're left to our own devices. Also, I can't speak for other members but at this point, I know most of the board's interests well enough that when I have actual questions, they rarely reach the main forum. I'm as likely or more to just send a PM to whichever member has studied lore related to what I want to know as I am to make a new topic. This does generally get me information but it doesn't generate discussion over all.
            "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
            ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'd echo what Corbin said.

For those of us who've been here 10+ years (hello, this forum has seen the entirety of my 20s and half of my 40s so far), we are kinda all friends at this point. We love new conversation, but we tend not to generate it amongst ourselves very often. Plus, we all go through ebbs and flows with our practices. I still observe the seasons, for instance, but I've long since stopped doing magic for the most part.

Also I blame tumblr.
              “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
              X