Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Unpopular Opinion On Russia/Ukraine Conflict

Dec 2010
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Re: My Unpopular Opinion On Russia/Ukraine Conflict

North Korea just tested ICBMs. Everybody wants to get into the act.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    North Korea just tested ICBMs. Everybody wants to get into the act.
    What're ICBMs stand for?

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    What're ICBMs stand for?
    Intercontinental ballistic missile. Normally has multiple warheads known as MIRVS (Multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle)
    Last edited by monsno_leedra; 10 Mar 2022 at 17:58.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Dec 2010
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Sorry, I should have written out the full name. NK supposedly has the kind that could theoretically reach the USA. I don't really belive he plans to do anything, but in his mind he's as big a threat as Putin. It's just a bad time for everybody to start saber-rattling.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

icbms came out and changed our strategic air command known at the time as SAC with many b-52 bombers always in the air near Russian coasts for reference watch doctor strange love
    Last edited by anunitu; 12 Mar 2022 at 09:16.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Mar 2022
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    Religion
    Pagan

I come very late to this thread, but then I have not long been a member of this forum. I don't think that anyone would disagree that this whole thing is tragic, for everyone, but of course most of all the people of the Ukraine. The western leaders are walking a tightrope and I personally agree with not putting troops on the ground in the Ukraine. Its easy to say that we should have been stronger in the past against Putin's actions and we should have been, but that is past history, we can only do what we can do today and in the future. I think we all have to accept that we will have a time of suffering as in shortages, economic difficulties, but that is not as bad as being shot at. I live in the UK and our dependency on Russian oil and gas is very low at 3%, which we intend to bring down to zero by the years end but some parts of Europe are up around 30%. Again my personally opinion which might be unpopular. I would like to see all imports of Russian oil and gas stopped as in right now. I also think that what oil and gas we have in Europe should be shared between all friendly European countries equally, so that we all suffer to the same degree. I would accept organised power cuts for four hours every day and some form or rationing until we sort things out. Of course these are just words and I no clue as to the logistics of what I am saying.

In the UK during the miners strikes of the 70's, the government imposed 3 day working weeks. You had power cuts and it was normal to eat your evening meals by candlelight. You went back to only heating one room in the house. What I am saying is you get past this things, you cope and I think that this man, Putin has to be stopped and we have to be willing to suffer a little to do it.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

I am dreaming of the possibility that this might be the last time this empire crap shows up during my lifetime.

Not much to hope for. A couple decades at most.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

same for me B. De.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Mar 2022
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    Religion
    Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    I understand where everyone is coming from. I guess what it is that I am worried about this whole thing getting worse and worse. I am hoping this man gets what he deserves.
    Trust me Anubisa I really do understand where you are coming from. Although as I have said I think it would be wrong to put troops on the ground, its very possible that your thoughts are absolutely the right ones. Putin gets away with so much because he is willing make the threat, even if ultimately in his heart (bad selection of words, he has no heart) he would not actually do it. The west is not willing to call his bluff, if bluff it is. So we will not put troops on the ground, we will not create a no fly zone, we will not allow the Mig jets to be moved into the Ukraine, I personally do not think we will do any of the three things mentioned even if he uses chemical weapons, because we are never willing to call his bluff. Sometimes I wonder if we have to take that risk and call him out on his bluff but yes, its so dangerous. Its all so final if he does do something stupid. I keep thinking to myself that Putin has two daughters, he has grand children. If there is any humanity inside him surely he would not want to destroy their lives, but you never know.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMere View Post
    I come very late to this thread, but then I have not long been a member of this forum. I don't think that anyone would disagree that this whole thing is tragic, for everyone, but of course most of all the people of the Ukraine. The western leaders are walking a tightrope and I personally agree with not putting troops on the ground in the Ukraine. Its easy to say that we should have been stronger in the past against Putin's actions and we should have been, but that is past history, we can only do what we can do today and in the future. I think we all have to accept that we will have a time of suffering as in shortages, economic difficulties, but that is not as bad as being shot at. I live in the UK and our dependency on Russian oil and gas is very low at 3%, which we intend to bring down to zero by the years end but some parts of Europe are up around 30%. Again my personally opinion which might be unpopular. I would like to see all imports of Russian oil and gas stopped as in right now. I also think that what oil and gas we have in Europe should be shared between all friendly European countries equally, so that we all suffer to the same degree. I would accept organised power cuts for four hours every day and some form or rationing until we sort things out. Of course these are just words and I no clue as to the logistics of what I am saying.

In the UK during the miners strikes of the 70's, the government imposed 3 day working weeks. You had power cuts and it was normal to eat your evening meals by candlelight. You went back to only heating one room in the house. What I am saying is you get past this things, you cope and I think that this man, Putin has to be stopped and we have to be willing to suffer a little to do it.
    We've sent the Russian economy into a tailspin already and many of the sanctions haven't had time to kick in yet. I'm not opposed to cutting use of Russian oil but I think that Europe can afford to wait a few weeks to let everything else smash into Russia's economy and to try and set up contingencies for itself before pulling the trigger on fuel too. Sanctions are unfortunately not looking to be a quick fix regardless. Putin is too stubborn and his hold on power too strong. If the world is going to be engaging in somewhat lengthy economic warfare then it behooves Europe to get as many ducks in a row as it can now rather than later. Plus, the less harm this does to your own civilian populations, the easier it will be to maintain.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis