Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should recreational use of cannabis be federally legalized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should recreational use of cannabis be federally legalized?

With the devil's lettuce being legalized for recreational use in new states every election cycle, should the feds just stand down and let it be, or is there a rational reason for keeping cannabis on the controlled substance list?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Should recreational use of cannabis be federally legalized?

In the UK back in 2004 (I think) it was put into a lower drug band with less sever penalties, but quickly put back up into the higher band five years later. Too many groups screaming 'outrage'. Too many groups thinking they have the right to impose their will on others. Just across the water in the Netherlands you can get it in the coffee shops and they don't seem to have any problem. I agree you have to draw the line somewhere with regard to drugs, but cannabis seems to be a good thing for a lot of people. I have always believed that most products used in moderation are fine. My dad used to say that there were too many 'goodie goodie groups'. I have only ever once used cannabis and I did not like it. I would rather listen to some calm music but I have never seen any harm is people choosing to use it.
    Last edited by DarkMere; 18 Mar 2022, 23:43.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Comment

My take on this is:

People have been gathering in small groups to get bombed out of their minds long before they invented carved spirals, and way, way, way longer than the pentagram has been in exitance.

Smoking a joint with your friends is probably the most authenticly "ancient pagan" thing any modern pagan will ever do.

This being a pagan forum, I say: Case Closed.

Last edited by B. de Corbin; 19 Mar 2022, 07:52.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm all for legalizing it on a federal level.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
        X