Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else excited about the James Webb Telescope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else excited about the James Webb Telescope?

I have done a quick scan and can't seem to find any related threads, so anyone else excited about the James Webb Telescope? I was glued to the TV on the 25th December and I am so hyped to see the first pictures.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Re: Anyone else excited about the James Webb Telescope?

I can't say I've been following the news about it, but I am interested in what will be found. I look forward to pictures, and the data collected, and what it will show about the uni.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: Anyone else excited about the James Webb Telescope?

I've been following it's development since 2018ish, it's always very exciting for me when it comes to astronomical imagery. The Webb Telescope is on the infrared spectrum, and while I do not doubt the images will be spectacular nonetheless, it's going to be more about peering into the red shifted far away edges of the universe as well as objects obstructed by dust or gas clouds, than just taking pictures. What makes me the most excited is that it should let us discover (or confirm the discovery of) many bodies that are too dim to be properly studied by conventional telescopy.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
      X