• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Thinking about take X

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    i wish for any day with no headlines about another shooting period

- - - Updated - - -

waiting for nj legal weed for edibles as i am a heavy ex smoker so i rather eat it in some food mainly for my rheumatic pain
    Oooohhh...

4/20 for 4/20.

Being evil is becoming legal.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My like 70 ish year old teacher decided to make a tiktok account 10 days ago and now has over 18.000 followers... I just... I know HE likes hearing himself speak, but apparently so do a few thousand people.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
        My like 70 ish year old teacher decided to make a tiktok account 10 days ago and now has over 18.000 followers... I just... I know HE likes hearing himself speak, but apparently so do a few thousand people.
        LOL - Yeah, old guys get this thing where they think they have something to say...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          LOL - Yeah, old guys get this thing where they think they have something to say...
          To be fair, we're hypnotists. People pay us to talk. But even so xD
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Had to get a new computer for work. Sort of pissed that the one I had doesn't have wireless. So II am giving it away to my community if they want it. If not I will sell it for a reasonable price on facebook. Now I have to get to setting up the new one.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
              Had to get a new computer for work. Sort of pissed that the one I had doesn't have wireless. So II am giving it away to my community if they want it. If not I will sell it for a reasonable price on facebook. Now I have to get to setting up the new one.
              Be certain to wipe & reformat the hard drive, or remove it, before you sell it.

Comment

No worries, I always do before I sell a computer or give one a way.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

if not reformatted best to drill it out to destroy any chance of resurrecting its data
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    if not reformatted best to drill it out to destroy any chance of resurrecting its data
                    On TV, they put them in the microwave.

But those are evil spies.

Anubisa isn't an evil spy, though, so prolly not necessary.

Comment

Heh, I've never heard of microwaving a drive and I'm not entirely sure that I'd try it. There's specialized software available for free that should render wipe it beyond anything but maybe the abilities of a motivated alphabet soup agency. If that isn't enough then for spinning metal, disassemble it till you get to the disk, break the disk into multiple pieces and deposit them in separate trash cans around the state. SSDs require less disassembly but have a similar answer. Granting, if one has the personal and motivated attention of a three or four letter agency then one is probably screwed anyway but at least thorough physical destruction will keep them out of the drive...

If they didn't already copy it a week ahead of time while its owner was working/sleeping/otherwise out of the way.
                      Last edited by MaskedOne; 01 May 2022, 12:44.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

... or, you could used a low-yield nuclear device. Be sure to follow FDA instructions for proper disposal when done.

A death star would be a bit much, I think.

Comment

... or, you could used a low-yield nuclear device. Be sure to follow FDA instructions for proper disposal when done.

A death star would be a bit much, I think.
                          Both of those options impair general pizza production and increase the odds that I'm going to eat more of someone's soul than they can recover from in a timely fashion. They might be considered Pyrrhic victories if you are being exceedingly generous. A less generous appraisal starts, "What does it profit a man if he gains the world and loses his soul?" and then decides that if the world is unlikely to be adequate profit for a soul than data security is unlikely to be sufficient compensation for 70% of a soul.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Sooo...

One time I tried to get rid of a hard drive be tossing it into the gravity well of a gas giant that was harboring an infection of nanobot replicators.

While reducing my data to quantum particles they found some "personal data" which ended up being scribbled on the twitinian's room wall of a 7th dimensional wormhole truckstop.

I still get calls.

So don't do that.

Comment

Sooo...

One time I tried to get rid of a hard drive be tossing it into the gravity well of a gas giant that was harboring an infection of nanobot replicators.

While reducing my data to quantum particles they found some "personal data" which ended up being scribbled on the twitinian's room wall of a 7th dimensional wormhole truckstop.

I still get calls.

So don't do that.
                              7d truckstops...

really weird things visit those. You'll get calls forever. Ouch.

Comment

No, I'm not an evil spy. I'm tech savvy, but not that tech savvy. Maybe I need to buy a book on ethical hacking. Lol! But for real, I've always reset my computers, even those that I have given to my family. So no worries.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X