Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v4)

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I am so sorry about your loss. I also know about the issue with the sleep. I have issues with getting to sleep all the time. I use a white noise machine. So I would try one if you still have issues. But I hope everything goes well and blessings. I will be praying for you and your family.
    I have heard of white nose machines but never knew they could be used as an aid to sleep. My sleep the last ten years has been so irregular. I can sleep a solid seven hours which is as good as it gets for me all the way down to four hours very restless sleep and everything in-between. I have tried keeping a record of what I eat, drink, do in a day but can't find a link. When I was eighteen I could sleep the clock around and then some.

monsno_leedra I can't imagine how difficult it must be losing your parents so close together. Its not surprising that you cannot quiet your brain. Once you get it all behind you I hope you find some peace.

I just typed this all once and put 'a in a circle' in front of the user name monsno_leedra, clicked onto post and it poofed with the message saying that I can't use links. Lesson learned, have to be careful when using that symbol as it will not let you use it at all.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      I should be sleeping but can't quiet my brain for nothing. We'll be leaving in the morning around 5 a.m. to head to the funeral home where my father lies. Then to take him to the graveyard and lay him next to my mother. It's been a heck of a couple of months. My mother died on the 19th of December 2021. My father passed on the 15th of March and it will be 3 months to the date when we bury him later this day.

So much stuff pushing through my brain. It comes as goes like the rising and falling of the tides. Yet like the tides it is endless and comes slowing or comes crashing in like a storm is driving it towards shore. Flotsam and jetsam gathering form then breaking apart as the images collide or fade. I just wonder how long the storm shall rage tonight before it simmers down and the calm again returns.

The stormy sea's digging deep into the depths to uncover and float deep memories to the surface. To carry it ashore and deposit upon the landscape of my mind. Some to be left lingering before it is again shifted as the next wave comes in to break over the mental landscape and play its own song and show.
      I'm sorry for your losses. These things change us forever. The raging will subside, the storm will end, but the tide continues.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMere View Post
        I have heard of white nose machines but never knew they could be used as an aid to sleep. My sleep the last ten years has been so irregular. I can sleep a solid seven hours which is as good as it gets for me all the way down to four hours very restless sleep and everything in-between. I have tried keeping a record of what I eat, drink, do in a day but can't find a link. When I was eighteen I could sleep the clock around and then some.

monsno_leedra I can't imagine how difficult it must be losing your parents so close together. Its not surprising that you cannot quiet your brain. Once you get it all behind you I hope you find some peace.

I just typed this all once and put 'a in a circle' in front of the user name monsno_leedra, clicked onto post and it poofed with the message saying that I can't use links. Lesson learned, have to be careful when using that symbol as it will not let you use it at all.

You might want to try Melatonin. You can get it at grocery stores and the max is 20mg. It is a very good option. However, I like to use white noise machines. I am getting a new one today from amazon. I've had the other one for about 7 years. It's finally dying. This new one also has more sounds. You can get some at Walmart if you want to try.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm thinking that I wish I were the first openly atheist person to be on the Supreme Court.

I bet a transgendered person gets a seat first, though, and I won't live to see that, so, there we are.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You might want to try Melatonin. You can get it at grocery stores and the max is 20mg. It is a very good option. However, I like to use white noise machines. I am getting a new one today from amazon. I've had the other one for about 7 years. It's finally dying. This new one also has more sounds. You can get some at Walmart if you want to try.
            I will give that a try as well, its worth a try as it would be wonderful to have a regular sleeping pattern again. I have tried white noise a little, or that is I have dipped my big toe into it. I have had Amazon Alexa play white noise for 10 minutes when I get into bed. Not sure if you should leave it playing all night or to ask Alexa to play it for a few hours before stopping. Up to now I have found the noise a little irritating, but I am happy to give it a proper test and would then happily buy a dedication one. I live in the UK so Walmart's is not an option, but I am sure if I look I will find many outlets.
            "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Comment

Bella turned 1 on the 25th and Wally has been officially dead for a year. I miss him so much, but he must be happy because I haven't been contacted by him or Trini. I'm happy, but I miss him and the other babies so much.bella4.jpgwally10.JPG
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The pictures made me smile Anubisa. I really do miss my dogs long since passed and I would love another, but will not allow myself the pleasure, as my health is now such that I would not be able to give to him/her the care that is right and proper. I remember my first dog in my early 20's, Henry. I had laughed just before getting him and in the first few weeks that I would never cry over the loss of a pet, after all they are just that, a pet. I learned what its like to have such a lovely companion, silent confidant and yes, I quickly found myself loving him to pieces and I cried a bucket full when he passed, as I subsequently did for them all. I understand you missing your babies.

Comment

Bella turned 1 on the 25th and Wally has been officially dead for a year. I miss him so much, but he must be happy because I haven't been contacted by him or Trini. I'm happy, but I miss him and the other babies so much.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5576[/ATTACH]
                  Such sweet doggos!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL - got so into dog pics that I forgot what I came for.

What I was gonna say was that, despite a current late white-out, I've ordered up two water lotus plants, so I'm thinking of outside.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

edit: right so... I added the photo and nothing happened. I tried again and now it looks like it added several times? sorry xD
                    277616707_931390454208951_8198362764320893676_n.jpg277616707_931390454208951_8198362764320893676_n.jpg277616707_931390454208951_8198362764320893676_n.jpgI was at a museum today and this picture lives rent free in my head now..it's from the 1800's but come on. It looks like Putin.277616707_931390454208951_8198362764320893676_n.jpg
                    Last edited by iris; 31 Mar 2022, 14:09.
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                      edit: right so... I added the photo and nothing happened. I tried again and now it looks like it added several times? sorry xD
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]5577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5577[/ATTACH]I was at a museum today and this picture lives rent free in my head now..it's from the 1800's but come on. It looks like Putin.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5577[/ATTACH]
                      Don't let HIM hear you saying that.

(it does look like him though)

Comment

Hey everyone. I got some exciting news to tell you. Yesterday I play the lottery and I won one trillion dollars. The numbers were 9, 2, 1, 17, 20, and 6. I'm so happy that the TV choose the right number and I have never been so happy in my entire life. I'm so glad that I'm a trillionaire now.

Comment

Whatcha Thinking about take X

Random thought thread

403 bypass complete, move along.
                          Last edited by MaskedOne; 02 Apr 2022, 19:55.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: Whatcha Thinking about take X

I've been learning how to sew lately. Wanted to make costumes for my photo shoots, and for medieval reenactment... Currently playing around with plant dye for some white cotton. I can't seem to get pink no matter how confident I am it will turn out at least a little blush, it goes blue instead when I rinse it.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                              I've been learning how to sew lately. Wanted to make costumes for my photo shoots, and for medieval reenactment... Currently playing around with plant dye for some white cotton. I can't seem to get pink no matter how confident I am it will turn out at least a little blush, it goes blue instead when I rinse it.
                              I found this on Facebook for Easter eggs. It might help you. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...10471689611656 Beets can help with dying it pink. You might try it.

- - - Updated - - -

Went and saw my general practitioner on Friday and finally am going to get some relief. I've been have having having a lot of back pain lately. I asked my GP to schedule a CT Myelogram. I had my last CT Myelogram in 2020 and I am in so much pain now. I asked her to get me another one scheduled because I want to know if it has got worse. So if it hasn't I am just going to shut up and go back to physical therapy and try acupuncture, which the hospital is currently offering. I am also doing another sleep study since my sleep is like shit. I'm just glad that I am going to be getting some relief.
                              Anubisa

Comment

did my semi annual back go boom for 4 days but pain meds have eased the issue for now
                                it gets me once or twice a year about this time of year
                                Last edited by anunitu; 10 Apr 2022, 11:13.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X