Thread: Whatcha Thinking about take X

Oct 2006
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v4)

I'm choosing violence.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

We have two dogs.

One is a barking dog, the other is a talking dog ( for those who don't know, barking dogs talk, but rarely. Talking dogs bark, but they also talk).

Anyway, we're teaching the talking dog to say "ruh-rho!" when he wants a treat. We're getting close...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Dec 2010
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

I'm getting new kitchen appliances (refrigerator, range, and dishwasher) as all the old ones are starting to have issues. I'm going to keep the old fridge in the garage as a spare until it dies. Anyway, my delivery/installation date is April 1. Yes, my house, notorious for turning 5 minute jobs into week long extravaganzas, is getting stuff put in on April Fool's Day. Uh-huh, we'll see how THAT goes!!!Hahaha!!!!!!

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

I should be sleeping but can't quiet my brain for nothing. We'll be leaving in the morning around 5 a.m. to head to the funeral home where my father lies. Then to take him to the graveyard and lay him next to my mother. It's been a heck of a couple of months. My mother died on the 19th of December 2021. My father passed on the 15th of March and it will be 3 months to the date when we bury him later this day.

So much stuff pushing through my brain. It comes as goes like the rising and falling of the tides. Yet like the tides it is endless and comes slowing or comes crashing in like a storm is driving it towards shore. Flotsam and jetsam gathering form then breaking apart as the images collide or fade. I just wonder how long the storm shall rage tonight before it simmers down and the calm again returns.

The stormy sea's digging deep into the depths to uncover and float deep memories to the surface. To carry it ashore and deposit upon the landscape of my mind. Some to be left lingering before it is again shifted as the next wave comes in to break over the mental landscape and play its own song and show.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

TMI, but for the first time in almost a year since I have had a period. I was feeling in a lot of pain yesterday, still am, and I couldn't figure out why. Well it made itself known. Many of you might think why are you happy? Well, it's been almost a year! So yeah. I'm a weirdo. Sorry to share this but I am a bit happy about getting something like this back. Sorry if I offend anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    I should be sleeping but can't quiet my brain for nothing. We'll be leaving in the morning around 5 a.m. to head to the funeral home where my father lies. Then to take him to the graveyard and lay him next to my mother. It's been a heck of a couple of months. My mother died on the 19th of December 2021. My father passed on the 15th of March and it will be 3 months to the date when we bury him later this day.

So much stuff pushing through my brain. It comes as goes like the rising and falling of the tides. Yet like the tides it is endless and comes slowing or comes crashing in like a storm is driving it towards shore. Flotsam and jetsam gathering form then breaking apart as the images collide or fade. I just wonder how long the storm shall rage tonight before it simmers down and the calm again returns.

The stormy sea's digging deep into the depths to uncover and float deep memories to the surface. To carry it ashore and deposit upon the landscape of my mind. Some to be left lingering before it is again shifted as the next wave comes in to break over the mental landscape and play its own song and show.

I am so sorry about your loss. I also know about the issue with the sleep. I have issues with getting to sleep all the time. I use a white noise machine. So I would try one if you still have issues. But I hope everything goes well and blessings. I will be praying for you and your family.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Mar 2022
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    Religion
    Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    I am so sorry about your loss. I also know about the issue with the sleep. I have issues with getting to sleep all the time. I use a white noise machine. So I would try one if you still have issues. But I hope everything goes well and blessings. I will be praying for you and your family.
    I have heard of white nose machines but never knew they could be used as an aid to sleep. My sleep the last ten years has been so irregular. I can sleep a solid seven hours which is as good as it gets for me all the way down to four hours very restless sleep and everything in-between. I have tried keeping a record of what I eat, drink, do in a day but can't find a link. When I was eighteen I could sleep the clock around and then some.

monsno_leedra I can't imagine how difficult it must be losing your parents so close together. Its not surprising that you cannot quiet your brain. Once you get it all behind you I hope you find some peace.

I just typed this all once and put 'a in a circle' in front of the user name monsno_leedra, clicked onto post and it poofed with the message saying that I can't use links. Lesson learned, have to be careful when using that symbol as it will not let you use it at all.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Dec 2010
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post

I'm sorry for your losses. These things change us forever. The raging will subside, the storm will end, but the tide continues.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMere View Post
    I have heard of white nose machines but never knew they could be used as an aid to sleep. My sleep the last ten years has been so irregular. I can sleep a solid seven hours which is as good as it gets for me all the way down to four hours very restless sleep and everything in-between. I have tried keeping a record of what I eat, drink, do in a day but can't find a link. When I was eighteen I could sleep the clock around and then some.

monsno_leedra I can't imagine how difficult it must be losing your parents so close together. Its not surprising that you cannot quiet your brain. Once you get it all behind you I hope you find some peace.

I just typed this all once and put 'a in a circle' in front of the user name monsno_leedra, clicked onto post and it poofed with the message saying that I can't use links. Lesson learned, have to be careful when using that symbol as it will not let you use it at all.

You might want to try Melatonin. You can get it at grocery stores and the max is 20mg. It is a very good option. However, I like to use white noise machines. I am getting a new one today from amazon. I've had the other one for about 7 years. It's finally dying. This new one also has more sounds. You can get some at Walmart if you want to try.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

The Gaze of the Abyss B. de Corbin's Avatar
    Feb 2007
    Religion
    Alchemist and Neo-American Redneck Buddhist
    Frozen Northern Michigan, near Thunder Bay
    Phrase
    Where are the tweezers?

I'm thinking that I wish I were the first openly atheist person to be on the Supreme Court.

I bet a transgendered person gets a seat first, though, and I won't live to see that, so, there we are.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Mar 2022
    Pronouns
    He/Him
    Religion
    Pagan

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    You might want to try Melatonin. You can get it at grocery stores and the max is 20mg. It is a very good option. However, I like to use white noise machines. I am getting a new one today from amazon. I've had the other one for about 7 years. It's finally dying. This new one also has more sounds. You can get some at Walmart if you want to try.
    I will give that a try as well, its worth a try as it would be wonderful to have a regular sleeping pattern again. I have tried white noise a little, or that is I have dipped my big toe into it. I have had Amazon Alexa play white noise for 10 minutes when I get into bed. Not sure if you should leave it playing all night or to ask Alexa to play it for a few hours before stopping. Up to now I have found the noise a little irritating, but I am happy to give it a proper test and would then happily buy a dedication one. I live in the UK so Walmart's is not an option, but I am sure if I look I will find many outlets.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."