Whatcha Thinking about take X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v4)

Trying to decide if I want to grab brunch or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind83 View Post
      Trying to decide if I want to grab brunch or not.
      Iffin' yer lookin' fer advice, I'd say "Cupcakes? Don't mind if I do..."
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I decided to work tomorrow. I did have a bitch of a headache today and my headache is coming back. However, I need money so I can't delay anymore days. Got to take some meds with me tomorrow.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

dd commands are scary as **** even when you're pretty sure that you've got them right.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I was feeling kind of sick and considered calling off work tomorrow, but I decided to wait and see if I was ok when I woke up. Just got a text that the woman I'm supposed to help (I work as a handicap supprot right now) is sick and doesn't want me to come in. But because it's less than 24 hours before my shift I get full pay. Win.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              I was feeling kind of sick and considered calling off work tomorrow, but I decided to wait and see if I was ok when I woke up. Just got a text that the woman I'm supposed to help (I work as a handicap supprot right now) is sick and doesn't want me to come in. But because it's less than 24 hours before my shift I get full pay. Win.
              Heck yes! that is definitely a win.
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

So little has changed since I was a kid. Russia, nuclear worries, the struggle for peace when the Klingons don't want to join the Federation....it's all one big loop that chases its own tail.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  So little has changed since I was a kid. Russia, nuclear worries, the struggle for peace when the Klingons don't want to join the Federation....it's all one big loop that chases its own tail.
                  I was really hoping this was the year we would ALL just agree we need a break. But no. No rest for the wicked.
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                    I was really hoping this was the year we would ALL just agree we need a break. But no. No rest for the wicked.
                    Yep. I agree with you Iris. It just seems like it is one thing after the other.

Well I decided to go back to college this year. I am going to get my Bachelors in Multimedia Design and Development. I didn't make this lightly. I already have two certificates from DeVry University, but getting another Bachelors is going to help me and while I most of my credits from my previous college should transfer over. The only thing is that I have to take two algebra courses. How I hate math. But I'm going to do like I will with last time and will make A's throughout every class.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I too am having those old cold war flashbacks
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Have to agree with both Hawkfeathers and Anunitu on this one.

In many ways things right now remind me of the "tensions" and apprehension that was influencing things when I joined the Navy in 1978.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          Yep. I agree with you Iris. It just seems like it is one thing after the other.

Well I decided to go back to college this year. I am going to get my Bachelors in Multimedia Design and Development. I didn't make this lightly. I already have two certificates from DeVry University, but getting another Bachelors is going to help me and while I most of my credits from my previous college should transfer over. The only thing is that I have to take two algebra courses. How I hate math. But I'm going to do like I will with last time and will make A's throughout every class.
                          that sounds exciting! good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                            that sounds exciting! good luck!
                            Thanks! I appreciate it!
                            Anubisa

Comment

It's been a rough couple of months mentally. but I'm hoping better days are coming, but in the mean time I'm trying hard to be the change and all that... today was day three of a jump rope personal challenge, plus i went hiking.

I had hip surgery at the end of 2020, and knowing how much that would never have happened before is just a complicated feeling.

Comment

Started watching Buffy the vampire slayer for the first time (I don't think it was ever on tv here)... One of my old classmates and looks creepily like a young Anthony Head.
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...