Whatcha Thinking about take X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v4)

I've entered the world of Alexa and found out it makes a full range of Star Trek sounds on command, like "Alexa, play bridge sounds", "Alexa red alert", etc. and I'm like a 10 year old again LOL
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      I've entered the world of Alexa and found out it makes a full range of Star Trek sounds on command, like "Alexa, play bridge sounds", "Alexa red alert", etc. and I'm like a 10 year old again LOL
      LOL - I taught my first computer to say " Mrs. Peel, we're needed" when it started up.

Get your jollies where you can!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Remember the old computers with the floppy disks? I was young and we used DOS. Our computer came with lots of games on these floppy disks plus the version of Word back then. Technology sure has improved since then.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I remember the floppy disk well, a giant leap forwards from using tape recorders. You are so right about technology moving forwards. I was talking to my brother today, saying that when I decide to treat myself to a new PC, I would like to get a 4tb SSD, then my mind flashed back to the very first hard drive I ever had. It was a 1/2mb. At the time I remember thinking, wow I will never run out of room on that.
          "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Comment

I have a plastic case of blank floppy disks that had belonged to my father. It has a clear lid on it, and the disks are all bright colors. Included are packs of the little peel & stick labels you wrote on and put on them. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

I have some of them but they must be a poor mans version, they are just in a tiny cardboard box. Somewhere in my study room, that's my posh way of saying a space at one end of my bedroom, I have a old external usb floppy disk drive. I can't imagine myself ever using either again, but don't want to part with them.
              "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Comment

My first computer was an Atari 800 pop top with plug in memory. Eventually I managed to get one of the 5 1/4 inch drives with floppy disk to replace the old tape drive I had. Though I was in the high life when I upgraded to a Commodore 64 with two floppy drives. Spent hours typing in various game programs and other programs. I think I still have some 5 1/4 floppies floating around but no system that would read them now. Even had some 8 1/2 floppies for a short period and I think it was an old L cassette.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

c64 was my firdt and only got a floppy drive after a year of using tape and i typed many mag programs over time,that started me learning 6502 assembler language

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  i much prefer google assistant to Alexia myself
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    c64 was my firdt and only got a floppy drive after a year of using tape and i typed many mag programs over time,that started me learning 6502 assembler language

- - - Updated - - -

i much prefer google assistant to Alexia myself
                    I use both, but have more issues with the smart devices with the Google assistant. Alexa seems to work better for me. (Not to mention I don't want to get them started talking to each other about me behind my back LOL)
                    sigpic

Comment

Went to my bariatric surgeon yesterday. I have lost 8 lbs over 2 months. I had another fill and now I have 7 and 1/2 ccs in my band. I'm hoping that it will help me with my body. I also have some tests on April 4. I have to go down for an EGD and a liver and gallbladder ultrasound. So I'm not looking forward to that, but I got to lose more weight.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm choosing violence.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

We have two dogs.

One is a barking dog, the other is a talking dog ( for those who don't know, barking dogs talk, but rarely. Talking dogs bark, but they also talk).

Anyway, we're teaching the talking dog to say "ruh-rho!" when he wants a treat. We're getting close...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm getting new kitchen appliances (refrigerator, range, and dishwasher) as all the old ones are starting to have issues. I'm going to keep the old fridge in the garage as a spare until it dies. Anyway, my delivery/installation date is April 1. Yes, my house, notorious for turning 5 minute jobs into week long extravaganzas, is getting stuff put in on April Fool's Day. Uh-huh, we'll see how THAT goes!!!Hahaha!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I should be sleeping but can't quiet my brain for nothing. We'll be leaving in the morning around 5 a.m. to head to the funeral home where my father lies. Then to take him to the graveyard and lay him next to my mother. It's been a heck of a couple of months. My mother died on the 19th of December 2021. My father passed on the 15th of March and it will be 3 months to the date when we bury him later this day.

So much stuff pushing through my brain. It comes as goes like the rising and falling of the tides. Yet like the tides it is endless and comes slowing or comes crashing in like a storm is driving it towards shore. Flotsam and jetsam gathering form then breaking apart as the images collide or fade. I just wonder how long the storm shall rage tonight before it simmers down and the calm again returns.

The stormy sea's digging deep into the depths to uncover and float deep memories to the surface. To carry it ashore and deposit upon the landscape of my mind. Some to be left lingering before it is again shifted as the next wave comes in to break over the mental landscape and play its own song and show.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

TMI, but for the first time in almost a year since I have had a period. I was feeling in a lot of pain yesterday, still am, and I couldn't figure out why. Well it made itself known. Many of you might think why are you happy? Well, it's been almost a year! So yeah. I'm a weirdo. Sorry to share this but I am a bit happy about getting something like this back. Sorry if I offend anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                                I should be sleeping but can't quiet my brain for nothing. We'll be leaving in the morning around 5 a.m. to head to the funeral home where my father lies. Then to take him to the graveyard and lay him next to my mother. It's been a heck of a couple of months. My mother died on the 19th of December 2021. My father passed on the 15th of March and it will be 3 months to the date when we bury him later this day.

So much stuff pushing through my brain. It comes as goes like the rising and falling of the tides. Yet like the tides it is endless and comes slowing or comes crashing in like a storm is driving it towards shore. Flotsam and jetsam gathering form then breaking apart as the images collide or fade. I just wonder how long the storm shall rage tonight before it simmers down and the calm again returns.

The stormy sea's digging deep into the depths to uncover and float deep memories to the surface. To carry it ashore and deposit upon the landscape of my mind. Some to be left lingering before it is again shifted as the next wave comes in to break over the mental landscape and play its own song and show.

I am so sorry about your loss. I also know about the issue with the sleep. I have issues with getting to sleep all the time. I use a white noise machine. So I would try one if you still have issues. But I hope everything goes well and blessings. I will be praying for you and your family.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X