Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rant Thread X

Dec 2010
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Re: New Rant Thread X

This could belong in Politics, Current Events, or wherever, but I'm ranting about it so here goes. Eric Greitens is the former Governor of Missouri. He resigned in disgrace a few years ago due to an adultery scandal where he supposedly tied up his mistress and took pictures of her without her consent. He seems to me to be a genuine slimeball. So now he's lookign to get back in the game, and he went and did this little gem of a video. I hope all the parents of children murdered in school shootings all ove America see it. For anyone who might not know, RINO stands for Republicans In Name Only. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r156NzlHmJ4
    Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 20 Jun 2022 at 18:12.

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I know some of you are fans of Summer, but I can't stand it. It got to be over 100 degrees last week in WV. I'm thinking about moving to Alaska just to get into cooler temperatures. This is ridiculous. I'm hoping these hot months will pass soon. I just can't stand the heat.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by anubisa View Post
    I know some of you are fans of Summer, but I can't stand it. It got to be over 100 degrees last week in WV. I'm thinking about moving to Alaska just to get into cooler temperatures. This is ridiculous. I'm hoping these hot months will pass soon. I just can't stand the heat.
    I'm more like a winter kind of guy even though I was born in spring.

Mar 2012
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism
    Phrase
    Strength in Will, peace in well-being.

We had around 40°C here in France where I live, for a couple of weeks and it was horrible. I hate summer as well hah.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

I agree. Been to darn hot here in WV. Normally have a half-way descent breeze coming down off the mountains but it hasn't done anything to cool things off. Reminds me of the hot lavante's we used to get in Spain coming in off of Africa.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Oct 2013
    Religion
    Egyptian Wiccan
    Phrase
    Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

I think part of it is that we have cut so much into the mountains. The mountains have always protected us. I've noticed that ever since we cut into the mountains we have had an increase of tornadoes, which we pretty much never had before. It's a theory though. It's also probably due to global warming. I'm not a scientist though. Just complaining about the weather.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

So anyway about yesterday, some arrogant prick from Tarot Nerds Facebook Group made a big deal with the type of cards and deck that I use in my future Google reading and she claims that my knowledge of Tarot is too low for her to comprehend. I told her to listen, I've been reading Tarot since 2008, I know so much of Tarot and you're going to comment on my post making a bad deal with the decks and cards I use. This is a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem.

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

I think part of it is that we have cut so much into the mountains. The mountains have always protected us. I've noticed that ever since we cut into the mountains we have had an increase of tornadoes, which we pretty much never had before. It's a theory though. It's also probably due to global warming. I'm not a scientist though. Just complaining about the weather.
    I know a lot of mountain vistas on the western side of the state were destroyed due to strip mining of coal. Here on the eastern side we mostly see the mountains reduced when roads are being put in. One of the big roads in my area is Corridor H which runs east to west and lopped off the top of a number of mountains or cut through them.

Think I have been lucky in some ways due to all the national forests that are here and the radio silent zone because of Greenbank observatory in Pocahontas county. Still we have one ridge line that is dominated by giant windmills. The red navigation lights on them sort of look like Christmas Tree's strung across the mountain ridge line.

We get reports of tornado's occasionally but seldom really do damage in my area. Still it is interesting to look up into a stormy sky and see a funnel cloud forming and descending right above you. Had one a few years ago that we watched as the storm came through the pass and the funnel slowly dropped before it went back up to disappear.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Dec 2010
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

It's been very hot and dry here in MO. Today is blessedly cooler and cloudy - but no sign of rain (in my area, at least).

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Nov 2014
    Pronouns
    female
    Religion
    Eclectic with some strong norse tendensies

Tour de France is kicking off in Denmark this year... Make it make sense. Mostly just annoyed about it cause it's closing down traffic in all of Copenhagen for days. Luckily I don't live in the city, I can just avoid it. But I had to cancel my weekend plans cause I would have had to go through the city and that's impossible.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat