Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    I don't know if your referring to things here or not but personally I think your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's. I may or may not agree with it but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear it or appreciate you sharing it with me or us. So please do not close your mouth and keep it to yourself. Even if I disagree with it, it gives me something to consider and think about. Especially when it is something you care deeply about and take the time to formulate deep thoughts and share them with us.
    Thanks monsno, I guess I just was having an issue with myself for a minute.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I am so tired. I've done my week of on-campus studies, away from my family. It was hard. I missed them and we were busy all day. By the end of day Friday I was so tired of watching mock funerals and just wanted to go home (I did mine on Thursday, but we were required to stay and be supportive). So, I worked 2 12's, did a week of on campus 9-6 days, and now I'm back to 12 hour days yesterday and today. I'm ready to be done.

I have some big assignments coming up in the next few weeks, a baby shower to pull together, and work to do. I'm kinda feeling burnt out and I won't get any time off from school until the end of July at least. I hope I get to sleep in tomorrow.

On a happy note, my birthday is this week and my partners gave me my gifts Friday night when I got home. They got me a flute (used but in great condition, we could never afford a brand new one), some Cafe Du Monde coffee and a couple paint by numbers. So, I also want to spend some time learning to play a bit of music but I feel guilty every minute I spend on it that I could be studying things that matter to my degree... ugh.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
        I am so tired. I've done my week of on-campus studies, away from my family. It was hard. I missed them and we were busy all day. By the end of day Friday I was so tired of watching mock funerals and just wanted to go home (I did mine on Thursday, but we were required to stay and be supportive). So, I worked 2 12's, did a week of on campus 9-6 days, and now I'm back to 12 hour days yesterday and today. I'm ready to be done.

I have some big assignments coming up in the next few weeks, a baby shower to pull together, and work to do. I'm kinda feeling burnt out and I won't get any time off from school until the end of July at least. I hope I get to sleep in tomorrow.

On a happy note, my birthday is this week and my partners gave me my gifts Friday night when I got home. They got me a flute (used but in great condition, we could never afford a brand new one), some Cafe Du Monde coffee and a couple paint by numbers. So, I also want to spend some time learning to play a bit of music but I feel guilty every minute I spend on it that I could be studying things that matter to my degree... ugh.
        That's tough! Get some rest. And don't feel guilty about taking some time off of studying to play music and relax. It's only more productive to give yourself a break every now and then. It will only help you study better!

Comment

March is such a chaotic month for me.
          Full of harsh juxtaposition.
          Still, made it through another one and remembered about this place::

Comment

My friend Sonya from work told me, and this was before I worked at Teleperformance, that some employee lit another employee's hair on fire. Our workplace is like so severe. We can't bring paper into the work room. Like we can bring a spill-proof bottle and snacks that are in see-through quart-sized bags, but that is it. No pens, no pencils, no paper. This is understandable because we do work with sensitive information like credit cards and people's names and accounts. They won't let you even bring like paper to wipe your hands with. All they have is tissue paper. Everything is laminated. You can have one picture to put up in and it has to be laminated. I didn't know this till I brought two pictures of my dogs when they were puppies and my supervisor took them after I left that day and the next day he had them both laminated for me. You can't have your cell or you will be fired on the spot and if you smoke you can't have your lighter. So I'm guessing whoever it was had their lighter and got really pissed off with the other employee. I wonder if they got charged with assault.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I get to go on a date with the hubs tonight!!!

The last time we went and did anything together was a movie in early February.

Tonight its dinner, I get to eat a hot meal and have adult conversation.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Got my hair cut today. It feels so better after I have been trying to grow it out for so long. I was just tired of trying to keep up with it.
                Anubisa

Comment

Finally felt human for the first time since I got sick last week. Danced while getting dressed, even.
                  ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

My dad has been sick. Poor thing has been hacking and coughing since Thursday. Now I am feeling shitty. I am feeling completely nauseated, yet I want to eat. Crazy. I had to leave early tonight. Tomorrow I have to stay the whole time.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Thinking that this begins a number of weeks in recovering from my hip surgery that I had on Thursday. Immobilised for the most part - but this is a good thing. Means I can do the things I've wanted to do for a long time now like get back into my art.

Comment

Hopefully your recovery from surgery will be swift and smooth.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          Hopefully your recovery from surgery will be swift and smooth.
                          Thanks, Juni

Comment

Get well soon! Don't be lax on your physio exercises if you have any! I'd love to see some of your art if you don't mind sharing.

Comment

Get well soon, fellow Left Hand Something!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I hope your recovery goes smoothly, and ditto about the art if and when you get up to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X