Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Hey PF. Just checking in and letting you know I'm still alive. Hope you're all well. I'm doing day shifts again, half way through my bardic grade with OBOD, and am also working on what I hope will eventually become a little side business, so don't have as much time to hang out here anymore. I still check the forum now and then though and keep intending to post, only to run put of time and/or forget. I miss you all... yes, even you weird ones... ^^

Have you done anything to support your gut microbiome? If that many foods are messing you up, it could be worth investigating?
    So glad to here from you.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I can't digest literally anything anymore. I've just completed three months of an elimination diet, and here I am, burping for an hour straight, because I ate a handful of corn nuts (whose ingredient list I read, and is safe according to the rules of the elimination diet).

I hate this.
    I'm guessing they've looked into this, but have they checked your gallbladder? I know quite a few people who have had weird indigestion issues that don't seem connected to anything only to find out it was their gallbladder. Just an idea.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm always happy to get you, Jem. <3
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
        So glad to here from you.

I'm guessing they've looked into this, but have they checked your gallbladder? I know quite a few people who have had weird indigestion issues that don't seem connected to anything only to find out it was their gallbladder. Just an idea.
        No actually. All that has ever happened is a doctor tested me for celiac and sent me for an allergy test, and then shrugged when the results were negative. That must have been ten years ago now though.

Since this most recent flare-up (of six months to a year), I've started paying a naturopath out of pocket for testing. I had an igG test done, I reacted to 16 foods, I eliminated them, and felt better than before, but not better. Then since I've had to reintroduce each food one at a time, I've felt awful for each one. Today I've got another appointment to see what's next. I have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I may have to live a full life without dairy, grains of any kind, yeasts of any kind (including mushrooms), potatoes, pistachios, eggs, or basil.

I was vegetarian before this, but the elimination diet has forced me to eat meat for nutritional purposes, and I'm not crazy about it.

Edit: and peas. I forgot about peas (and chickpeas).
        Last edited by volcaniclastic; 05 Sep 2018, 07:31.

Mostly art.

Comment

No actually. All that has ever happened is a doctor tested me for celiac and sent me for an allergy test, and then shrugged when the results were negative. That must have been ten years ago now though.

Since this most recent flare-up (of six months to a year), I've started paying a naturopath out of pocket for testing. I had an igG test done, I reacted to 16 foods, I eliminated them, and felt better than before, but not better. Then since I've had to reintroduce each food one at a time, I've felt awful for each one. Today I've got another appointment to see what's next. I have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I may have to live a full life without dairy, grains of any kind, yeasts of any kind (including mushrooms), potatoes, pistachios, eggs, or basil.

I was vegetarian before this, but the elimination diet has forced me to eat meat for nutritional purposes, and I'm not crazy about it.

Edit: and peas. I forgot about peas (and chickpeas).
          Update: Saw the naturopath again yesterday to discuss my only somewhat satisfactory elimination diet results. I'm now scheduled to do a (very expensive) stool sample test, to see if I have any bad microbes hanging out in my gut. It's $300+ out of pocket, unfortunately. I can't really afford it, but at the same time, if it finally tells me what's wrong with my gut....I can't see how that could be bad. I'll just work more at my second job for a while.

Plus, it's kinda neat to think of my body as its own little ecosystem. This test will apparently tell me EVERYTHING that lives in my gut - the good guys, the bad guys, the nasty microbial dudes that possibly shouldn't be there, etc.

Mostly art.

Comment

That's awesome. I hope it works out well.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Well today is my mother birthday. She would have been 70 years old this year.

Comment

I did a 5km mud run this morning, as part of a cancer charity run. It's been a few hours since I've finished, showered, washed an uncomfortable amount of mud out of my clothes (my poor running shoes...)

and I'm still feeling exhausted! I had loads of fun, but that was way more work than a regular 5km race. I've got 4 hours until some friends come over for board games, and about an hour of cleaning to do beforehand, and I just can't get off the couch.

I should probably get another gym membership, if this is any indication. I can still up and do sports like this, but man, it used to be eeeeeasy.

Mostly art.

Comment

I did a 5km mud run this morning, as part of a cancer charity run. It's been a few hours since I've finished, showered, washed an uncomfortable amount of mud out of my clothes (my poor running shoes...)

and I'm still feeling exhausted! I had loads of fun, but that was way more work than a regular 5km race. I've got 4 hours until some friends come over for board games, and about an hour of cleaning to do beforehand, and I just can't get off the couch.

I should probably get another gym membership, if this is any indication. I can still up and do sports like this, but man, it used to be eeeeeasy.
                  Aging sucks. It's the truth. And we're getting older (though definitely not old). If we're ever going to climb Kilimanjaro together we should get on top of that (and I promise I'm in way worse shape that you).

I have a video presentation due this week. I need to be dressed professional. I have very few professional clothes. This will be difficult.

Comment

If we're ever going to [b]climb[\b] Kilimanjaro together we should get on top of that
                    Heeeey-yoooooo.

For real though, I've got friends in their 60s who could probably out hike/bike/run me. You just gotta stay active. I'll do killimanjaro someday, whether it's at 35 or 50.

Mostly art.

Comment

Heeeey-yoooooo.

For real though, I've got friends in their 60s who could probably out hike/bike/run me. You just gotta stay active. I'll do killimanjaro someday, whether it's at 35 or 50.
                      How about 2030?

Comment

How about 2030?
                        Is that the year your kid turns 18?

I'm in. There's always mountains to be climbed.

Mostly art.

Comment

ok,go for every mountain ,right?
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Watching Trump on the news brings this image to my brain.

Not a joke,that is what came to me.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I've been playing this game called Wordscapes. It's really addictive and I have been playing it for the past few days. I have it on facebook and my cellphone. That's how friggin obsessed I am with it. It's a great game if anyone wants to try it.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

my kind of addiction is Mahjong 3D

here,

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X