I'm Spiritual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Spiritual

Hello everyone. I feel like I want to discuss my beliefs. Many years ago throughout my life, I used to be a Christian, then a Taoist, and then a Christian again. But I just realize that there are so many things that are so twisted and wrong with religion in general, especially in Christianity. It is the way that Christians treat other people like garbage and they opposed everything that doesn't follow their beliefs. I just stop going to church during the beginning of the pandemic because I just asked myself 'What am I doing here?' There are so many things that I question myself and I just don't agree with everything that Christianity represents. So I say screw this I'm out. So I'm spiritual but not religious. I don't need to be part of a religion to go to church every Sunday just to worship God. Also whenever a Christian asked me to join their church, I declined and turned away. I'm not interested in joining a religion anymore. That's all I have to say.

Re: I'm Spiritual

I stopped being a Catholic and exploring other religions because it was all about having to go once a week to church (at least) and having to go to confess to someone if you did something wrong. I'm sorry, if I have done something outside of killing someone, and I'm not trying to be funny, then I think I don't need to tell another person. I also don't think I need to say like 6 hail mary's to be forgiven. It's just crazy some of the stuff that goes on. I'm glad that I am out of that religion and I made the choices that I did.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I stopped being a Catholic and exploring other religions because it was all about having to go once a week to church (at least) and having to go to confess to someone if you did something wrong. I'm sorry, if I have done something outside of killing someone, and I'm not trying to be funny, then I think I don't need to tell another person. I also don't think I need to say like 6 hail mary's to be forgiven. It's just crazy some of the stuff that goes on. I'm glad that I am out of that religion and I made the choices that I did.
      Yes, Catholicism is very ridiculous. I've never joined Catholicism in my whole life but I've heard so many horrible things about that religion that they have a bad reputation in Catholicism.

Comment

Yeah and with all the negative press that is going around with rapes I really am glad to not not be associated with them anymore.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I totally agree with you. Many of the people I've met claim to be devoted Christians, yet their conduct and attitudes are inconsistent with the principles they uphold. They often brag about how nice they are, how they support charities, and how they give their time to the church. However, the way they treated other individuals was abhorrent. My family baptized me when I was only 1 month old. But when I get to know more about the world, I stop being a Christian.

Comment

Oh boy do I have stories about people who rattle on about how "Christian" they are. Ugh. I feel this way - if someone has to tell me they're Christian every time they open their mouth, they're not anything close to it.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              Oh boy do I have stories about people who rattle on about how "Christian" they are. Ugh. I feel this way - if someone has to tell me they're Christian every time they open their mouth, they're not anything close to it.
              So true - of most people, but we tend to run into a lot of Christians who specifically display it.

IMHO - never preach or talk about your religion. Just be. If you ever seem like somebody who has something to say worth hearing, they'll ask. Don't be a fart in the wind, be the wind...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
              X