Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour

Old people know me. New people don't.

You can dig through the archives to learn everything important, but I'll sum up:

Once pagan, once owner of PF, became Atheist, sold forum, bailed for Twitter, came back and unintentionally upset Chain just before he died and, combined with a lot of other drama, bailed again. Twitter is dead and no clear frontrunners exist, so in the absence of 'other' figured I'd see how things were kicking here.

Not sure how active I'll be or how quickly my account will get locked, but I'll try to behave. Most likely I'll be staying out of the religious focused threads unless invited.

Nice to see some familiar faces!

Rok
    Attached Files
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativity.
    - Albert Einstein

“It is not necessary to accept the choices handed down to you by life as you know it.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Bonjour

Welcome back!
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I never met you, but welcome back!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
        Old people know me. New people don't.

You can dig through the archives to learn everything important, but I'll sum up:

Once pagan, once owner of PF, became Atheist, sold forum, bailed for Twitter, came back and unintentionally upset Chain just before he died and, combined with a lot of other drama, bailed again. Twitter is dead and no clear frontrunners exist, so in the absence of 'other' figured I'd see how things were kicking here.

Not sure how active I'll be or how quickly my account will get locked, but I'll try to behave. Most likely I'll be staying out of the religious focused threads unless invited.

Nice to see some familiar faces!

Rok
        Rok! Sup, man?
        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
        Clan of my Clan
        Kin of my Kin
        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I never met you as well but welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back!
            “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

holy shit...remembered my new password.

Thanks for the welcomes kids...after a comedy of errors I'm back. Until I forget again.

- - - Updated - - -

Admins: you can ignore my request to reset my password lol. I'll fix my email address now so's I can leave y'all alone.
              Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativity.
              - Albert Einstein

“It is not necessary to accept the choices handed down to you by life as you know it.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Well heck. Hey Rok.
                “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Well hey there stranger! How're things?
                  - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X