Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about issue my dog is having

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has experienced this type of behavior before, but I just wanted to ask. Lily has been standing on her back legs and looking up at the ceiling. She'll do this during both the day and night. I don't know if it is her eyes or what. She's been doing this for a while now, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this behavior with their dogs. She never looks at anywhere in particular. We think it might be her eyes and we plan to take her to the doctor soon to have them checked, but I was just wanting to see if anyone else had this kind of behavior with their dogs. Thanks.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Question about issue my dog is having

I haven't although I could speculate. If you have upstairs neighbors or equivalent there could be new electronic devices that are drawing your dogs attention. I've noticed that my own hounds will be perfectly still and/or silent right up until I take my phone out and turn on the camera - they notice that, I assume, because the flash starts to warm up or something...I expect it's something that they're hearing that'll drag them out of sleep.

If your dog's eyesight is going, she's going to be relying on her other senses more.

If you do not have an upstairs neighbor but you have an attic, I'd contact an exterminator to find out what's living up there. Any regularity at all can help you pinpoint what's going on.

Comment

Thanks. We don't have either an attic or neighbors. We own a townhouse with people on each side. She has no issues because we have no neighbors on the left and the neighbor on the right is practically never home. We think there is something going on with her eyes though. We want to make sure that nothing is going on.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Dogs are similar enough to people to have a lot of the same maladies. Her eyes may be going, but she's not going to respond to 'nothing', you know?

I don't really have any other suggestions though so I'll not belabor the point - a vet may be your best bet if nobody else here can provide some insight.

Comment

Working...
        X