Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi! Peaceful and Happy Meet! I'm Escanabra from Escanaba Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Peaceful and Happy Meet! I'm Escanabra from Escanaba Michigan.

Hi,

This is my first post here. I was afraid I would never get logged in! I am SO happy to be here. Being here is vital to my health. I am in the middle of transformation. I am healing by managing type 2 diabetes and getting over the trauma of ovarian cancer. I am doing very well at this time. I needed a place like this because I believe that healing is a spiritual matter, a magical matter, that defies clinical odds. People do get well. I have. I am living fully and pleased for every minute. If my life is a few minutes long, it will be filled with my husband and pets, my music and a full heart.

Thank you for letting me join your forum. I am honored to be here.

Love, Escanabra

Re: Hi! Peaceful and Happy Meet! I'm Escanabra from Escanaba Michigan.

Welcome to the forum Escanabra - things are pretty slow at the moment; I'm newly returned myself. Hopefully as people post and reply things will pick up.

I'm an Atheist so you probably won't see me much in the spiritual threads, but I'll try to pop in when it seems appropriate or applicable.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativity.
    - Albert Einstein

“It is not necessary to accept the choices handed down to you by life as you know it.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
        Welcome to the forum Escanabra - things are pretty slow at the moment; I'm newly returned myself. Hopefully as people post and reply things will pick up.

I'm an Atheist so you probably won't see me much in the spiritual threads, but I'll try to pop in when it seems appropriate or applicable.
        Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        Welcome to the forum!
        Hi, Roknrol and anubisa! I am sorry for being so late to reply. It was so kind of both of you to write -- thank you!

I have been Atheist for most of my life; I was previously brought up Catholic. My husband is an Atheist too. A lot of people have been confused that I consider myself a Neo-Pagan -- I'm not sure how to explain, although I have come to understand that Neo-Paganism and Atheism are not incompatible. I think of them as nearly identical.

Alas, I have spent much of my time since joining this forum in the infusion suite for iron-deficiency anemia, getting bags of what looks like slithery black tar. Quite the setback, forcing me to butt heads with that "month-old post" warning. I am beginning to feel a little better, but it's going to take several months and treatments. I hope to pick up my posting pace as I stabilize medically, and eagerly await such kinds of healing as I can find here.

Thanks and love, and wishing everyone here well,

Escanabra

Comment

People -do- get well all the time, defy the odds. My daughter was paralyzed at birth and today, she's a nationally competitive archer. One thing we put on her "what three things would you like your child to be able to do" pamphlet that we received when she was born and all we could think about were treatment options. We opted for no treatment at all. We watched it all happen in real time. Gods didn't save her. She overcame that herself, inch by painful inch over 16 years.... true...fucking...grit.

She's an animal, and that's probably the part of her personality I love the most. Tell her she's too hurt, tell her she cant do something, tell her there's no such thing as recovery. She'll tell you you don't know shit and proceed to prove you wrong with a quickness.

Stay strong. You, my daughter..the housecat, you're all winners, descended from a long line of winners. Things the universe tried to kill and hobble for generations, and failed.
          Last edited by Rhythm; 07 Jun 2023, 11:37.

Comment

Working...
          X