Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Is Receiving Death Threats All Because of Race-Swapping And Gender-Swapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney Is Receiving Death Threats All Because of Race-Swapping And Gender-Swapping

I don't give a flying **** what everyone else said about my rant. Disney is receiving death threats by ******* idiots all because of race-swapping and gender-swapping which everyone is because of a ******** crybaby. I just understand why all of this is even a major ******* issue. None of the swappings do affect my life because I don't give two ***** about it but seriously why should any of that have any effect on your life and everyone else life? It doesn't make any ******* sense. And if anyone going to get mad at me for supporting Disney then I don't ******* care anymore. I lost a few friends in this forum. I support the black mermaid a few years ago because I call them out on their racism, bigotry, and ignorance. I know who they are. And I still support Disney to this day. That is all I have to say.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 21 Apr 2023, 20:11.

Re: Disney Is Receiving Death Threats All Because of Race-Swapping And Gender-Swappin

In some of the movies it doesn't make sense to do some gender and race swaps. I agree with you on The Little Mermaid. Mermaids have no specific color. People just assume them to be white when there are all colors. In Pinocchio, I definitely didn't mind seeing a black fairy. In the traditional fairy tale though the fairy is white, but this is Disney, so seeing a change is nice. The only problem I have is that she isn't in the picture as much. I don't think the whole thing is that everyone is bigots. I think that it is hard to change. A lot of these people see the traditional cartoon movies and they have been dear to them over the years and to see them be made into live action movies it can be difficult if it isn't what they want.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Re: Disney Is Receiving Death Threats All Because of Race-Swapping And Gender-Swappin

The 'traditional' cartoon movies took a lot of liberties with the original stories. Almost none of the original stories would have been considered appropriate for kids (Cinderella originally had a 'fur slipper', which I'm pretty sure was a euphemism). The Little Mermaid was bloody and gory - as many of Hans Christian Anderson's stories.

And honestly, who needs to hear the same story told the same way over and over and over and over again? Isn't it *more* appropriate to try to make the stories relevant to the current youth and not some misguided effort to 'preserve' what us old folks feel comfortable with? Even if the story is told badly, a new story is a new story. It can also continue to grow and evolve with the times.

Regardless, at no point in time should a storyteller be receiving death threats because "someone" doesn't care for how it's told. One can try to find exceptions - 'what if' the new story is libeling someone? But even then, death threats?

Oh dear...I feel my own rant coming on. New thread may be coming in awhile if I can formulate it.
      Last edited by Roknrol; 22 Apr 2023, 02:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
        The 'traditional' cartoon movies took a lot of liberties with the original stories. Almost none of the original stories would have been considered appropriate for kids (Cinderella originally had a 'fur slipper', which I'm pretty sure was a euphemism). The Little Mermaid was bloody and gory - as many of Hans Christian Anderson's stories.

And honestly, who needs to hear the same story told the same way over and over and over and over again? Isn't it *more* appropriate to try to make the stories relevant to the current youth and not some misguided effort to 'preserve' what us old folks feel comfortable with? Even if the story is told badly, a new story is a new story. It can also continue to grow and evolve with the times.

Regardless, at no point in time should a storyteller be receiving death threats because "someone" doesn't care for how it's told. One can try to find exceptions - 'what if' the new story is libeling someone? But even then, death threats?

Oh dear...I feel my own rant coming on. New thread may be coming in awhile if I can formulate it.
        I knew that the older fairy tales were violent and gory such as Little Red Riding and Cinderella. But I didn't know about Hans Christian Anderson's story.

Comment

Almost all of them are, honestly, awful. History was not a nice place and stories reflected that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
            Almost all of them are, honestly, awful. History was not a nice place and stories reflected that.

https://screenrant.com/little-mermai...hanges-horror/
            So true. I wouldn't read them to my nephew. Hell, even Pinocchio was crazy as a children's story. Disney took the liberty to change these stories, but people are going to hate anyway. No matter what anybody does. You can't please no one for trying.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Absolutely nothing about Disney's little mermaid movie is true to the original fairytale anyway, so i really don't see why skin colour should matter so much to anyone. Not to spoil it, but she dies in the original Andersen was not a particularly cheerful guy, or terribly child friendly. The only physical description we get of her is blue eyes and "skin as clear as a rose petal"... Roses come in many colours, for all we know he imagined her as bright orange. If we wanna be realistic, she's a deep sea creature anyway.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                Absolutely nothing about Disney's little mermaid movie is true to the original fairytale anyway, so i really don't see why skin colour should matter so much to anyone. Not to spoil it, but she dies in the original Andersen was not a particularly cheerful guy, or terribly child friendly. The only physical description we get of her is blue eyes and "skin as clear as a rose petal"... Roses come in many colours, for all we know he imagined her as bright orange. If we wanna be realistic, she's a deep sea creature anyway.
                Lately, I get kind of annoyed when movies and shows depict mermaids with long flowing hair. I don't think primarily aquatic creatures would benefit from having hair. Sure, there are exceptions, but I think it would be hella cool if Mermaids were hairless and instead had some really cool bioluminescenct features instead.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Something like this seems about right
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X