The Little Mermaid (2023)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to review the live-action movie version of The Little Mermaid (2023) and I'm going to give my fair and honest review of it.

Disclaimer: Before I begin my review, I have something to say about this whole ridiculous controversy of The Little Mermaid. Everyone has their opinions about the leading actress of Ariel. Yes, I have already mentioned my thoughts about Ariel's skin color and I strongly supported Halle Bailey. The reason why I choose to watch this movie is because of nostalgia, art, and entertainment. I am also a movie buff and I go to the movies every Saturday. And I think this whole controversy is completely stupid, to begin with anyway.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 06 Jun 2023, 16:37.

Re: The Little Mermaid (2023)

I saw it the other day and I felt that it was a really good version of The Little Mermaid. The animals had to be realistic looking, so yeah they were going to look ugly compared to the original version. The electric eels were going to look better compared to the others because they were ugly before and that is how they look. In my opinion I think the movie had more positives than negatives.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      I saw it the other day and I felt that it was a really good version of The Little Mermaid. The animals had to be realistic looking, so yeah they were going to look ugly compared to the original version. The electric eels were going to look better compared to the others because they were ugly before and that is how they look. In my opinion I think the movie had more positives than negatives.
      Ok. I understand. I still prefer the cartoon version better in my opinion.

Comment

Who doesn't love cartoons, but..Halle Bailey -killed- the song. If I were disney, in future "out of the vault" releases, I'd put her version of that song in the cartoon release.

I'm biased to that, I guess, and get that. That whole movie -is- that song for me. It was how I got into singing as a young boy.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean.... shout out to kiss the girl, too, which Shakey Graves covered. Google it. Bowling alley. Wurf. That song is single handedly responsible for my confidence with the fairer sex. My entire marriage, all of my -many- pagan children. Chalk it up to that manufactured bit of bravery.
        Last edited by Rhythm; 08 Jun 2023, 11:39.

Comment

The cartoon movie can never be outdone, just like many of the cartoon movies that are remade can never be outdone. However, it's a new look at the story and the movie was really good. It kept the origins of the original cartoon movie and added to the new movie. I really like it though. Most people seem to like it. I sang a lot while I was in the theater. Of course my dad and I were in the theater with maybe six or seven people and maybe six were adults. It speaks to all ages I think.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
          X