Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reducing bloating?

Ok so I'm really bloated right now!

I think it might be a hormonal thing. I'm really tired, and my boobs are swelling and I'm super bloaty and headachy. Google keeps pointing out that I may be pregnant, but barring immaculate conception that's just NOT possible (you have to have sex to get pregnant!) I do get hormonal madness sometimes that causes pregnancy-like body reactions though. It'll go away in a day or so, but since the bloating tends to linger I thought I'd ask if anyone knew a good tea or something that might help me drop the water weight? It's kind of uncomfortable!

Sorry if that was all TMI!

Re: Reducing bloating?

Chamomile tea always helps me when I'm bloated.
    It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Thanks I'll try that...I have loads of really nice chamomile flowers!

Comment

I like fennel tea, I find it is good for all abdominal ailments.
        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Celest View Post
          I like fennel tea, I find it is good for all abdominal ailments.
          I'm also a fan of fennel tea. Sometimes with bloating I find a little bit of ginger ale can help, too.
          Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I personally like ginger for the bloating.

Comment

I have all those things....awesome!

I made a fennel/chamomile/mint tea and later I'll have a garlic/ginger/lemon one I make when I get colds (I swear it helps fight infection....maybe it'll help bloating too).

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Here's hoping they work well!

Comment

If it's water retention & not gas...

1) Cut back on the salt.

2) Go for diuretics - dandelion (an old name for it is 'Piss-in-Bed' because of its diuretic capabilities), ginger, watermelon, celery, cucumbers & caffeine. If you're using a stronger diuretic, you will need to drink water to offset it. You can still get dehydrated even if you're bloated.

3) For me, if I soak in a warm bath of saltwater (I get the rock salt they use for making ice cream & add a whole bag to a mostly full bath) for about an hour, it eases swelling in my knees & feet (lucky for me I don't get water-retention bloating), so you can give that a shot.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Bloating can be a cause of too much salt in your body..which when your blood pressure rises makes you feel achy and fatigued.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Like others have said, ginger seems to be one of the main paneceas for stomach issues (including bloating). So try to drink some ginger ale.
                    Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Thanks for the extra tips!

It's not salt, because I make all my own food from scratch and I use low amounts of salt. I have an extremely low sodium diet!

Comment

I find parsley a good diuretic. Is there any chance you're allergic to wheat or gluten because they can definitely cause bloating. It's worth checking if you can. Hope it clears soon!
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

The only precautionary tale about ginger is to make sure that the sodium content is low if you get ginger ale, and make sure that you get ginger ale made with read ginger...personally, I've never seen a difference with bloating and ginger, but it can't hurt to try. Dandelion, which Perze suggested would have been my suggestion as well, based on my experiences.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

I made a dandelion tea (I had some already!)

I don't really drink ginger ale...since it's really "English" you can only get Schweppes here and it's full of sugar. The only ginger I use is dried ginger root powder as a spice, and I make teas out of fresh ginger root and also grate it and put it in food.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            I find parsley a good diuretic. Is there any chance you're allergic to wheat or gluten because they can definitely cause bloating. It's worth checking if you can. Hope it clears soon!
                            Yes I'm intolerant to wheat (gluten in general doesn't seem to bother me much), so I don't eat it. You're right though, it does make me bloat!

Comment

lots of options but I'll add warm lemon water....
                              Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X