Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Reputation - how does this work?

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Re: Reputation - how does this work?

Quote Originally Posted by ChainLightning View Post
    by readers leaving clicks, one way or the other, for one's post. At the bottom of each post is a small asterisk or star - (looks like the Star of David, if you ask me) that, when you click on it, a pop-up window gives you the option of Approve or Disapprove and room to leave a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkana night View Post

Can someone please tell me where this star-thing is? I don't see it anywhere...
    I marked it with a red arrow so you can see it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	1233
    Last edited by ChainLightning; 04 Mar 2014 at 03:26. Reason: Quote rapair. ;)
    Satan is my spirit animal

Aug 2012
    Religion
    aztec beliefs
    Phrase
    No limit may be set to art, neither is there any craftsman that is fully master of his craft.

AH! Thank you Medusa!
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Do you need more points for a green bar, the more reputation you have? It used to change with every 100 I received, but I've over 1,000 now and still only 8green bars. I'm sure I had 8 bars at 800 too. It's no biggie really, but I'm curious about the maths behind this system.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Mar 2013
    Religion
    Neo-Wiccan Angelolator
    Phrase
    "I saw Uriel smile. Once."

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I marked it with a red arrow so you can see it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	1233
    Strange. I cannot find the "Star of David" rep button anywhere... I checked using the screenshot you provides, as well as changing the backdrop to multiple different styles, and it's still not there. There is only a "Report", "Reply", "Reply with Quote" and "Multi-Quote This Message".

[Quote repaired ~ Chain]
    Last edited by ChainLightning; 04 Mar 2014 at 03:28.

Oct 2006
    Phrase
    I am a leaf on the wind...

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTraditions View Post

Strange. I cannot find the "Star of David" rep button anywhere... I checked using the screenshot you provides, as well as changing the backdrop to multiple different styles, and it's still not there. There is only a "Report", "Reply", "Reply with Quote" and "Multi-Quote This Message".
    You don't have enough posts yet. Once you get 15 posts and get bumped up to the registered members user group you should get the option to give rep points.
    “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Mar 2013
    Religion
    Neo-Wiccan Angelolator
    Phrase
    "I saw Uriel smile. Once."

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    You don't have enough posts yet. Once you get 15 posts and get bumped up to the registered members user group you should get the option to give rep points.
    Ah, thank you very much for answering. ^^

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Also, depending on your theme, you might have to hover over it to see it!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan.
    Phrase
    Now this is absoulutely Lovely!

This was very informative, thank you for the nice post