Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Running Chat Thread!

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    I really should be brave sometime. I've joined chats on other forums before and that usually turned out okay.
    No bravery required. If you avoid chat too long then the Order Malleus will send Inquisitors to invite you. Seeing as the Order Malleus does silly things like

you are advised to enter chat.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      You.. Caelia.. is there even the smallest chance the conversation wouldn't get round to the Japanese language? ^^ I really should be brave sometime. I've joined chats on other forums before and that usually turned out okay.
      Well, I do need to brush up desperately lol...
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
        Well, I do need to brush up desperately lol...
        Me too. I don't feel that I am making much progress at all right now. I'm a bit sad that the Japanese threads have gone quiet. I still have so many questions!

Okay, well, does anyone know what time would be best for me to sign in? I'm at work tonight, so on my phone, but I might be able to sign in tomorrow night.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'll be in chat for a while this afternoon if anyone wants to come in and join (:

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Are we still doing scheduled chats?
            V, I just saw this.

Chats had been put on hold over winter because I usually run them, and had been very ill (long story). As is, we are going to start back up after I move in a couple of weeks, starting with a chat about Trickster deities on April 1st! Time TBA.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Attendance in chat is advised.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Apparently, I was late.

Or... "am", I guess, would be more accurate.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I have nothing to do on a St. Paddy's Day night. Come visit me in the chatroom!

Mostly art.

Comment

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!
                    SKULLS FOR HIS THRONE!!!

Ceremonies in honor of Khorne being held in chat.

Sa- Attendants are invited.

Comment

I'll be in chat for a bit. This is your last chance to talk to me before I'm on my mandatory computer sabbatical (read maintenance) for a week or two.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

should be in within 30 minutes. Have some stuff to handle first.
                        Last edited by MaskedOne; 27 Mar 2012, 20:27.

Comment

I'm in chat till I'm not.

Comment

In chat till I'm not.

Comment

I'm poking my head in for a few minutes...or until the dog wakes up...or until the cat demands attention...
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

to descend."

Comment

Damn, didn't bring netbook to work tonight or I'd pop in! One day.... Sigh...
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X