This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiritual Beings

I just had some newbie questions. Can you have more than one totem animal at a time? Are they any other beings besides like angels, spirit guides, totem animals, deities, or dragons? If they are and if you work with them how do you keep them all straight when you work with them?
    "Everyone and everything around you is your teacher." -- Ken Keyes Jr.

Re: Spiritual Beings

yes its possible to have more than one totem animal. some people have multiples and some they come and go. all the listed exist, if even simply that our minds can create them as at least a sort of thoughtform without our knowledge.

how to keep them straight? thats an easy one... make a book of shadows. dont only use it for a reference tool but use it as a sort of spiritual journal. ive found the easiest way to commit something to memory is to write it down. but remember everything you experience whether it be an event or a smell is kept on record in your subconscious.

a book of shadows can be a good tool in case that info doesnt feel like coming out of your subconscious that day
    Last edited by Dufonce; 12 Feb 2011, 14:11.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I've never had a totem animal so can't speak much to that. I do believe that the spirit world is at least as varied as our own when it comes to beings and critters. I worship gods, honor ancestors and land spirits, and I've seen or sensed other things around my property, but I couldn't tell you exactly what they are. I generally refer to them as "the locals" and give them a wide berth out of respect, much as I do with the wildlife. As for keeping them straight? Well, it's sort of like going about my daily life- I have relationship of different degrees with family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. It's more like that than a challenge of juggling, but maybe that's just me?
      "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
      Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TearDropStar View Post
        Can you have more than one totem animal at a time? Are they any other beings besides like angels, spirit guides, totem animals, deities, or dragons?
        I'm assuming you mean totem animal as in a spirit guide? Yes, some people have more than one at a time, and yes, they're not always animals (even those who come in animal form might not always be actual animal spirits).

If they are and if you work with them how do you keep them all straight when you work with them?
        As OpenHands said, the same way you keep everyone else in your life separate. It can help to keep a written record of your experiences as well. (Not just in this area either, I strongly recommend keeping a spiritual journal to look back on in general.)
        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I agree with what has already been said...the spirit beings and deities I work with/honor are much like friends or family in the kind of relationships we have. As you get to know them, it's really not work to keep track of them. I do write down meditations and things in my Book of Shadows though, but that's more because I have trouble remembering conversations I've had in a meditative state of mind more than I do conversations in a conscious state of mind.

Comment

lets see spiritual beings there are... angels, demons, coleitions, shadows, lesser deities, elementals, spirits of the dead, dragons, deities humans astral projecting, weird humans who have strange inhuman power, and many more. then those can be broken down into diferent kinds or levels which are sometimes very different from eachother like angels:heralds, virtures, seraphs, cheribs, thrones, ect. or coleitions:shadow crawlers, walkers, poltergheists, ect. the spirit world is extremely varied more so than our own. how to keep track? could anyone list off every creature that has ever lived on the planet earth extinct or not? there are many more creatures in the spirit world than have ever lived on earth. It is impossible to remember (or even know) them all
            Circe

Comment

Originally posted by TearDropStar View Post
              If they are and if you work with them how do you keep them all straight when you work with them?
              I don't really find the need to keep them straight. Experiences with them are usually impacting enough that I don't need to write down the experience or who they are, it's burned into my memory even when other things fade. I will on occasion classify them with family like titles, if they approve, by their interactions. Like one guardian is "little brother", I swear he can act like a little brother at times.

To augment Corvus's list... take dragons for example... you have the type, then different species of dragons, classes, family groups, etc. and all individuals (with individual personalities) who can be niched into their sects. It creates a countless amount just within dragons let alone to name all beings across all planes. Liken it to trying to classify all humanoids across all planetary systems across all planes (there has to be more than just earth right?)... Then try to census the other species in the same respect.
              -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
              (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

How can spiritual beings come to you in dreams because I had a dream that had something happen about a gargoyle necklace turning into a glowing blue dragon and being asked in the dream if I knew what elements were and feeling something about water.

Comment

Sometimes they can send you messages/visit you through dreams. For myself, when this happens I will wake with a very distinct, specific feeling. Frequently the dreams will share a similar feeling as well - for example, when Osiris visits in a dream I find the dreams are very vivid/colorful, always set at night, with a specific tone and feeling to them. I know when the dream is from him, and when I'm just dreaming about him. As you get to know the guides and Deities in your life, you'll get a better understanding of when a dream is a message/visit, and when a dream is just a dream (not that they are important, because they usually reflect your subconscious in some way). I find some Deities and guides are more prone to using dreams as a method of communication than others.
                  Hearth and Hedge

Comment

the only reason I asked about dreams is because that dream is the only one I can remember most of

Comment

another question can spirits take the form of something familiar in your life like an animal because I have had this thing happen to me were I will be sitting at my computer and I look over at my bed and I see what looks like one family pets but I look back and it's not there.

Comment

I've had visitations from pets past, but the energy, message and form was all alike. I lean more to the pet itself coming back from beyond.
                        -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
                        (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

Id say it was the actual pet visting like^ rather than another creature takeing its form
                          Circe

Comment

you mean the pet projecting itself to me

Comment

Don't forget the mundane explanation, your eyes/mind could just play tricks on you now and then.
                              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
                              X