X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Wishes!!!

Because we need one!

I want to start off by saying Happy Birthday to Corbin!

“Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Birthday Wishes!!!

I missed this somehow. Happy (late) birthday Corbin!
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Aw, I missed it, too!

:-[

Happy belated birthday, Corbin!!!

Comment

Hippy Happy Hoppy Birthday!

“You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
        ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
        ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Corbin!

You are one wide and awesome man
            Do they not, then, ponder about the Qur‘an? Had it been from someone other than Allah, they would have found in it much discrepancy. [4:82]

Comment

I'm not alone being late to the party.....Happy Birthday, Corbin!!!!

;D :-[ ;D :-[ ;D
              Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

LOL - Hey, thanks!
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Happy belated birthday!

Comment

Oh darn! i am always late to the party!
                    Happy belated Birthday Corbin!

And I also want to say Happy belated Birthday to Medusa!
                    What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=226.msg2504#msg2504 date=1287057705]
                      Oh darn! i am always late to the party!
                      Happy belated Birthday Corbin!

And I also want to say Happy belated Birthday to Medusa!
                      [/quote]

And also to a couple of other people who had October birthdays - I can't remember who, but there were a few I saw on the Old Forum list...
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Kijani (twisted-sister) had one the day after you, Corbin.

*huggles Kay*
                        “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Happy Birthday K!! *squish*
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

HAPPY B-DAY to K!!
                            “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                            ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                            ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday Twisted Sister, Corbin and Medusa!
                              I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
                              I became Abdishtar this spring.
                              Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Working...
                              X