X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I biked almost 20 miles today....again
    I've been picking up biking a lot more in the KC metro. I live in the southern part of KC but my friends live in midtown and my parents on the other side of the city.
    At first I didn't think I would be able to bike that far but after just trying it I've found myself more capable then I thought. It's great to find you're stronger then you thought
    I biked almost 50 miles a week ago......in 105 degree weather with 50% humidity. Probably not the smartest move but I like pushing my limits

Comment

30 minutes of swimming after work! That's midnight.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oops, I haven't been updating here. I added a new routine to my workout. I'm doing a 20 minute low impact aerobic workout via on-line. I need to start doing more. And this is good considering I have a bad knee. I'll probably switch it up daily. Like do a yoga and a low impact alternating. Just to keep it interesting. I also swam today for 30 minutes. And I'm back to My Fitness Pal. Only I removed everyone from it. Too much drama for me. I'm sticking to home cooked meals too. Which is why I think over the last month I lost 5 pounds!

I'm very motivated to keep this up.

Comment

I used to use fitness pal but it is rejecting my password. I asked it to send me a new one but neither email received it and I've forgotten which email address I gave it. I used to love it because it really encouraged me to keep active.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            I used to use fitness pal but it is rejecting my password. I asked it to send me a new one but neither email received it and I've forgotten which email address I gave it. I used to love it because it really encouraged me to keep active.
            I've used it off and on over the past two years. I think for me it works better as an app to log stuff. Not a social place.

So I did a 30 minute low impact aerobic session I found on-line. It had me sweating it up and doing push ups and squats. The good thing is that it mimics the moves I have trouble doing at work. So I'm hoping this will add strength to my muscles. And I also found this cool workout. It's a 3 mile walk all while doing steps in your home!

oh I also swam 20 minutes after work.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I haven't been on in awhile but since May I have lost 40 lbs

I've been going to the gym and doing cardio and circuit training mostly. Feeling good.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
                I haven't been on in awhile but since May I have lost 40 lbs

I've been going to the gym and doing cardio and circuit training mostly. Feeling good.
                Omg. Congrats!

Comment

Now we have Sky again, I'm getting back into my Active Channel and Fit.TV workouts. I'm a huge fan of May Childs' Fit in 30 days series. These are short but intensive (approx 20 minutes), and I save them on Planner so I can stack them for longer sessions. They are mainly resistance training, involving hand weights, crunches and the occasional pose-holding type exercise.

Each exercise is done in 100 reps. Sounds a lot, but they break it down into 40, 30, 20 then 10 reps, with breaks between. You really feel the burn but it often gets easier as you continue through the shorter and shorter sections!

Best of all is that Amy Childs is an airhead so it is really funny to listen to her. Besides her boobs, she isn't fake and doesn't know how to act anything but naturally! When she gets tired, she moans like a little kid. Just like me! Love it.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jembru, I've been meaning to ask you; What is Sky?

Comment

Oopse, 'Amy Childs'. Hate this phone

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Celtic Tiger View Post
                      Jembru, I've been meaning to ask you; What is Sky?
                      Satilite TV!

Comment

So after figuring out I'm not into going every single day to the gym (I work 6 days a week) I stopped going. I had to adjust to this work week and one day off thing. I'm trying something new (whatever works I say)
                        Mon, Wed and Fri I hit the gym for one hour. And I'm upping my sweat factor. I hit the treadmill for 35 minutes. I did incline on 5 and a moderate pace to increase my heart rate. I was able to get it into the 'fat burning' zone. And then I slowed down to level floor. And then I did running intervals! I ran on a 4 pace for intervals of about a minute and the last a minute and a half. So four of those got me about 4.5 minutes of running. Which was great! I didn't think I was able to run again. I had a bad knee accident a few weeks back. So I'm glad I'm able to start adding running intervals into my treadmill. Then finished with a slow swim.

Comment

Did my first 3 minutes straight of running on the treadmill today! Then intervals for a total of 8 minutes of running out of my 30 minutes. Then swimming. I doubled last week's running.

Comment

Comment

!
                              <333 and work out thread! Working out and foreign languages, I think I just died and went to heaven~

I'vent a gym membership at the moment since I recently moved to my new location (still looking for employment so not spending money on a membership yet). I've been very big into gymnastics recently (more like my whole life! but finally getting off my arse and doing something about it). There's a sports academy near here that offers adult classes that I'll be signing up for asap.

I've been working more on resistance workouts than weights now. It's fun! Thought I do need to gain about 10lbs of muscle mass to get some more power. I can't even do a wall-hanstand; my arms just won't push my body up ;; the curses of having lean arms sometimes ><

Make sure you ladies do some weight lifting too! Too many ignore it all together and it's great for the body.

Comment

I worked and made myself go after work tonight. Midnight. But I got in my 30 minutes of swimming.
                                Whew!

Comment

Working...
                                X