This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I try to do 30 push-ups and 30 crunches in the morning (I say try, because I'm not a morning person). Then I do 30 push-ups and a special six minute ab workout a friend showed me at night. I also try to make it to the gym once or twice a week. I'm also thinking about picking up another martial art.

Comment

Treadmill 45 minutes/ 2 miles.
      *I've given up interval running till I can get my Plantar Fisciitis taken care of. :-\
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ohm.......1 hr of yoga tonight
        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

according to my BMI i am morbidly obese... what a confidence booster. either way i walk my dog about 1 mile every day other than that no exercise for me... guess i should start eh?
          sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=227.msg11347#msg11347 date=1289357420]
            according to my BMI i am morbidly obese... what a confidence booster. either way i walk my dog about 1 mile every day other than that no exercise for me... guess i should start eh?
            [/quote]

The BMI chart is rubbish.

According to it, I have a BMI of 29.7, which is just under the line of "obese."
            According to it, the upper limit of my "normal weight" is about 45lbs less what than I currently weigh.

I am an avid cyclist and am in pretty good shape.

I MIGHT have 5 or 10 lbs that I could stand to lose, but nowhere near 45.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=ThorsSon link=topic=227.msg11407#msg11407 date=1289371092]
              The BMI chart is rubbish.

According to it, I have a BMI of 29.7, which is just under the line of "obese."
              According to it, the upper limit of my "normal weight" is about 45lbs less what than I currently weigh.

I am an avid cyclist and am in pretty good shape.

I MIGHT have 5 or 10 lbs that I could stand to lose, but nowhere near 45.
              [/quote]

Mine's just under 24, and it's the same for me. I'm just barely below "obese". I'm very muscular, and very physically fit. Eff you, BMI.

I might be able to lose 10 lbs, but any more, and I'd look ill.

Mostly art.

Comment

Case in point:

According to the New Orleans Saint's roster page, Reggie Bush is 6' tall and weighs 203lbs. According to the BMI chart, that gives him a BMI of 27.5 and puts him very close to obesity... he doesn't look very obese to me...

(sorry, a pro football player was the first thing I could think of that I would be able to find height and weight for as well as be likely to find pictures to show what I was talking about... I don't know why Reggie Bush came first to mind)
                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I know the BMI is useless. But when you go into the military they take measurements for the same thing, are they basically the same or is the military one more accurate?

Comment

Because when I come back from the studio I am beat I haven't really been working out this week! However I have lost weight because we are putting the exhibition up which takes a lot of running about a lifting. Tonight I will go on the wii fit.
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I used to Jazzercise twice a week but haven't really worked out in ages, even though I have an exercise bike. Might have to aim to get back on it for 30 mins a day!
                      http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Went cycling today...until my bike was stolen. Might go to yoga tonight - I can't decide if I'm in a civil enough mood to interact with other human beings yet.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=227.msg11752#msg11752 date=1289438151]
                          Went cycling today...until my bike was stolen. Might go to yoga tonight - I can't decide if I'm in a civil enough mood to interact with other human beings yet.
                          [/quote]

WHAT? so sorry about the bike, that sucks! >
                          What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I ran a marathon in January and totally wrecked the tendons in my left foot. I'm fighting to get my miles back up again... last time I ran distance at all it was 7 miles but it put me down again so I'm stuck at 3-4 miles at most.

My husband loves to cycle, so I bought a bike. I think I may train for the ms150 for 2012. It's just a thought though.

We try to stay fit but I have to have an astronomical goal to reach for or it won't stick for me. I do love to work out though. It changes my whole perspective on my day.

Comment

I do a hell of alot of walking and I try to avoid eating too many fatty foods.. it was working out for me pretty well untill yesterday when I decided to go junk food mad ^_^' oops.

Comment

I went for my final post-surgery exam this week (spinal fusion last November) and got the thumbs up for full contact everything! I'm putting on my running shoes!

Comment

Working...
                                X