Things you love(d) about being single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things you love(d) about being single

Wow, life is about compromises. It takes the perspective of every individual to make the big picture. Since we are all one and are working toward world unity I can't help but wonder how many people will be left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedragoncoop View Post
      Wow, life is about compromises. It takes the perspective of every individual to make the big picture. Since we are all one and are working toward world unity I can't help but wonder how many people will be left behind.
      Life is about survival. While compromise, under most social circumstances, is necessary, it's far from necessary for survival

Those that cannot "evolve" to meet the needs of the current world we live in get left behind. That is also the natural order of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
        Life is about survival. While compromise, under most social circumstances, is necessary, it's far from necessary for survival

Those that cannot "evolve" to meet the needs of the current world we live in get left behind. That is also the natural order of things.
        Well said

Also a large difference between mutual compromise (both parties being willing to compromise) and one sided compromising (one side always doing the compromising). I've heard the "compromise" line from people I've been with when it came down to me needing to compromise to what they want, but there was no give when it was their turn to compromise on something. lol. After many experiences like that I've decided that I will be me and if the person can't take that and starts asking me to compromise parts of my self again I'll ask him/her to leave. Life's too short to have to keep giving up parts of myself lol.
        -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
        (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

Originally posted by KashakuTatsu View Post
          After many experiences like that I've decided that I will be me and if the person can't take that and starts asking me to compromise parts of my self again I'll ask him/her to leave. Life's too short to have to keep giving up parts of myself lol.
          I agreee with this totally, with the caveat that there's a big difference between compromising one's self and compromising over a situation though...if one finds themselves doing the first, then the relationship is not right for them, but I would argue that if one cannot manage to do the second, they are not right for the relationship.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I think also, if you're always having to compromise situations and they never do any compromising, it's not going to work either. I think it's usually easy enough to catch this early on though....I dated a guy last year, for example, who would NEVER sleep over at my house. I live alone and have a nice apartment, but he wouldn't sleep here. He'd only do sleepovers if it was at his place, even on weekends (when he didn't have to work the next day).

Comment

...this makes me wonder...is it really compromise if only one person is doing it?

...I sort of consider that just giving in/up--to me compromising means that BOTH people cooperatively communicating to make conscious adjustments to their expectations to come to a mutually satisfying agreement.

...though a bene of being single is that you don't have to have those conversations
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I suppose you're right. Mixed up wording I guess.

Comment

I don't consider giving in a compromise. Compromise is 50/50 (yes that's a ratio of one). Perhaps my definition is not a match with others. Hope that clarifies what I meant a little better. Words are such a primitive way to communicate but I guess that's what we have on this planet. :-)
                  Love and Light!

Comment

Personal space for the win.

Comment

Working...
                    X