noooo...the return of evil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noooo...the return of evil!

So, sometime in October or November I think, one of my team leaders at work (Olathe, KS Super Target overnight team!) apparently had either a heart attack or something wrong with his leg (I'm still not so sure which one...). I'm sorry it happened, but it's hard to regret it happening because this guy that it happened to is probably the biggest jerk I've ever met in my life.
    I don't think I've met one person at my job that doesn't like the guy. He yells at everyone, and no matter what you do, you're ALWAYS doing it WRONG in his eyes. The first time I encountered him, he told me to go to the office supplies, so I went over there and found my brother working in the office supplies. I started helping him, and the "big man on campus" comes up to us and says, "I thought I sent one of you over to toys," and my brother and I were like...um...no. But he just grunted skeptically and walked away. I've heard some pretty ridiculous stories from some people, and the guy's actually threatened employees that he could get them fired (it's actually against the rules for him to threaten people's jobs, as he doesn't even have the power to do that). It seems like he picks on the younger males (like me). Honestly I think he thinks any teen is trouble and will try to break the rules. And no matter what no one can go fast enough for him. He's always shouting "pick up the pace!" "You're going slow," etc. But whenever someone DOES go fast, he says it's a violation of safety code and they have to slow down.
    He always thinks he's right no matter what, and a few people actually complained to the human resources person about him (with positive feedback). And even his superiors talks about him badly.
    To me, this guy just gives off a REALLY bad vibe. Even if I don't see him all day and he's there, my day is ruined.
    But since he left, everybody's been rejoicing for his absence. I have to admit I've been loving every day (even the really hard days that are so long we have to take second lunches and don't get out until noon ((we're 'supposed' to get out at 7:30am, but we really never leave until 8 or 9)))
    In the time that he was gone, another team leader had a stroke (and she's not returning to work) one has a kidney problem and hasn't been back, another one left, yet another one left, and now we're down to only one original team leader from when I started, and a new guy.
    But we got word that he's returning March 1st. Everyone's complaining and worrying. I can tell no one is looking forward to his return. Oh so very sad...I mean, he's so bad that I've seen people quit the job because of him (and I was contemplating it, also).
    Yeah, kind of a pointless rant, but whatever. I'm just really apprehensive about his return.

Re: noooo...the return of evil!

Wow, sounds like one of L's Wal-mart managers...yikes.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Sounds like an ass. And the chef at my work :P
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Sounds like a few people I have worked with/for as well. It's such a shame when one person has so much control over how other people feel at their jobs
        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

He sounds like one of those guys who has no control in his personal life so he takes it out on his coworkers. I'm amazed no one's try to make a case for firing him.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Maybe this life altering experience has changed how he acts. Similar thing happened to a guy I work with and he's much more pleasant to be around since his return. Can only wait and see. I'm sorry he was difficult before. Hopefully things will be better now.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Sounds like my last boss, too. She had a problem w/other women in the tech field. She also had one of those senseless circular cycles:

"You're not taking enough initiative!" - so I'd try to take initiative, which led to -> "You have very poor judgment. Next time, ask me what to do!" -> so the next thing that popped up, I'd ask her for advice, which led to -> "Why don't you use your best judgment? You don't take enough initiative!"

Yeeeeah.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Kinda what I was thinking, Perze. A friggin merry-go-round of asshats for employers and coworkers.

I'm sorry Bran! I hope things smooth out and that it's all aflutter for naught.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

kinda old news, but the ass hat team lead left a while ago. It's all good, now. B)

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    Sounds like my last boss, too. She had a problem w/other women in the tech field. She also had one of those senseless circular cycles:

"You're not taking enough initiative!" - so I'd try to take initiative, which led to -> "You have very poor judgment. Next time, ask me what to do!" -> so the next thing that popped up, I'd ask her for advice, which led to -> "Why don't you use your best judgment? You don't take enough initiative!"

Yeeeeah.
                    Oh, my gosh! You seriously just described the mindset of my two higher-ups from my previous job. They were two of the many reasons why I quit (and without another job lined up).

Comment

Working...
                    X