Tarot Decks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarot Decks

It's strange. We used to own the Necromonicon deck, but it mysteriously ended up blown all over the yard out of a SEALED storage bin in the shed........hm.
    )0(

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
    Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
    It's okay not to be okay...
    Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
    Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
    Just be true to who you are!

Comment

Gilded Tarot, Animal Divination Tarot, Viscoti Tarots, Shadowscapes Tarot, Messages from your Angels Oracle, and Power Cards (meditation cards with Native American/Buddhist tint).
      Last edited by Willow; 29 Oct 2011, 17:55.

Comment

I recently bought my deck, Universal Waite Tarot Deck. It's beautiful and I've blessed every individual card (that took forever)
        Circe

Comment

Wow, that's dedication.

Comment

How do I know what deck my tarot is ?

I have The Mythic Tarot A New Approach To The Tarot Cards

Comment

I like that one...I have it too.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

A Deck I've used for years is the Crowley Thoth Deck

Comment

I have too many decks to list...I collect them as I find both the artwork and symbolism fascinating. My favorites would have to be Thoth, Robin Wood and most recently Shapeshifter Tarot http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/shapeshifter/
                  Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I keep a few suitably spooky looking decks for showing off, but if I'm actually divining I use the same deck I use for poker.

I make up the rules for it as I go along, whatever works for me. See, I believe that you should bend rituals to fit you as opposed to bending yourself to fit a ritual.

For me it's more important to stay true to myself, than to stay true to a ritual.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Playing cards being used for Tarot readings isn't actually all that uncommon. Can't say I've ever had to bend myself to fit a tarot spread, but I have had a few people who claimed to be pros do me a reading and tried to convince me that a card that was gibberish in a spread was actually saying something so I see your point.

Comment

My wife bought me the Circle of Life Tarot by Maria Distefano. Its a round tarot so I'm not all that sure how to use it. Well to be frank I don't think I would have figured out what to do with a regular deck by now either.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnD View Post
                          My wife bought me the Circle of Life Tarot by Maria Distefano. Its a round tarot so I'm not all that sure how to use it. Well to be frank I don't think I would have figured out what to do with a regular deck by now either.
                          Interesting...I've never seen a round deck before. Would that mean no traditional reversed meanings? Anyone know?
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I just ordered the Cat's Eye Tarot. Here is a google that shows some of the cards: <link removed>

I've used a variety of decks over the years. Rider-Waite is the standard I judge all decks by. The Cosmic Tarot is eye-catching and much more down to earth than its name may imply. But I love cats and have a cat so I have a feeling I'm going to quickly become very attached to the deck I just ordered.
                            Last edited by Juniper; 21 Jan 2012, 13:13. Reason: link removed to comply forum rules

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                              Interesting...I've never seen a round deck before. Would that mean no traditional reversed meanings? Anyone know?
                              From what the description of the cards said when I got them, they have a lot to do with the circular cycle of life. Thats what mainly drew me to them, that and the art on them.

Comment

Lets see....i own DruidCraft tarot, if they were smaller i would use them more. I have a Tarot Vampire deck which i love, Egyptian Tarot that i don't use, and Thoth which is my favorite tied with the vampire one.

Comment

Working...
                                X