Prayer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer Help

I may me posting this in the wrong thread and I am sorry. How do you pray when you don't know what is really wrong with you? I want to pray but I don't know what to say or what to do. I know something is wrong with me but I cannot put it into sentences right now. I know the answer might seem easy but my brain isn't working right now.
    "Everyone and everything around you is your teacher." -- Ken Keyes Jr.

Re: Prayer Help

Ask whatever you believe divine (Whatever Gods/Goddessses you relate to) for the help that is for your highest good. Don't be afraid to admit to them that you don't know what you need; only that you need their help. Word it quite like you worded this post. "I want to pray but I don't know what to say or what to do. I know something is wrong with me but I cannot put it into sentences right now. I know the answer might seem easy but my brain isn't working right now." You are not likely to get an immediate answer (you might), but put it out there, and wait. Observe what's going on around you, listen to children playing in the park, write down your dreams, etc. The answer will come.
    Sleep, my friend, and you will see
    That dream is my reality

Comment

I was basically going to answer the same as calfhill did.
      Admit that you don't know what you need , but that you need something.
      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I took your advice and today I feel better
        "Everyone and everything around you is your teacher." -- Ken Keyes Jr.

Comment

IMO, prayer *should* be an ongoing conversation with the Divine, however you choose to recognize it. If you are having a good day, or see a particularly stunning sunset or whatever, try taking the time to acknowledge it and sending a prayer of thanks. If you take the time to be thankful for the good things that surround you, it makes you more observant and more mindful in general, and puts you in better touch with yourself, and better able to identify and prioritize your feelings and problems. And...by developing a relationship with the Divine, if makes it more of cooperative partnership. That way, you can ask for more targeted assistance when you need it...but just as often, you will probably find the solution has established itself or been made known without ever needing to ask.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Thalassa hit on a great point. Take the time to thank the Divine for all the good things as well as asking for help with any issues.
            Sleep, my friend, and you will see
            That dream is my reality

Comment

One thing that hasn't been brought up, be prepared that help may come in ways you don't expect or want. You can innocently ask for someone to be healed/without pain/pull through surgery/etc and that person will die. Was it for the best for that person? Probably, but not what you intended to ask for (unless you're like me and will ask for that from time to time). You can ask to be protected and your car can be totaled in a hit and run while in the parking lot so you can't leave the home and a snow storm hits. Protected but at the cost of your car.
              -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
              (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

I tend to have ongoing conversations with my deities, but when the going gets really tough I just yell 'Help!'

That usually does the trick....
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                X