• Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings to you all!

hello and welcome!! hope you enjoy it here at PF
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Re: Greetings to you all!

Welcome! Have a seat and look around and I hope you see what you came to find!
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Hey everyone

I come to you as a bit of a lost soul, trying to find my way. I have been interested in Paganism since I was a teenager, but have struggled to find what I really believe. I'm not too much in to rituals or alters, I don't identify with any specific diety (though thats not to say I don't believe in any). I am more the type to sit in the garden or on the beach and feel the earths pulse and be at peace.

Like everyone, I have my issues in life. I suffer with depression and self doubt and this has caused me many problems in my life, but over all, I am blessed. I have a wondrerful husband, a lovely home and a few years ago we were fortunate enough to be able to move (from Ireland) to Australia, where we now live. I love it here, but have found it difficult to find friends. One of the things I miss is being able to just pop into a friend's for coffee and a chat.

Anyway, enough rambling, thank you, for letting me be a part of your community. I look forward to getting to know you all :=):

Comment

Re: Hey everyone

Welcome to the forum Asrais

Nice to meet another pagan paddy online even if yer far away now!

Comment

Hi James! How is Ireland?

I had good reason for leaving, I lived in Tallaght!

Comment

joined this website cause i need i guess you could say help?long post plz read

hi im tomas and i thought id join this website cause ive been having weird stuff that has been happening more and more often and i figured this might be a good place to get some input.

ever since a couple of months ago weird crap has been happening to be more n more

i can give myself goosebumps just by concentrating(which ive always been able to do) and on one occasion when i woke up i randomly decided to do it and the lights in my bedroom blew out. and around the same time period that happened i was riding home one night on my motorcycle and street lights kept going off around me (one time i actually had a girl on the bike with me n i was being random and did the ''bang''finger gun hand thing at a street lamp and it actually turned off) which was pretty epic lol but when i was riding home when lights started going off around me i started getting crazy goosebumps and lightning struck right beside me when i was about a block from my house. it put every light in the neighborhood out and the only light was the light on my motorcycle which was really eerie being in pitch black except for the light on the bike. my friends say each time im in the car with them the car shocks them when getting out and in my gfs car the electric system in her car will lack for a better term ''studder'' when im in the car with her. and just recently i drove to Mississippi to take care of my mom who just had back surgery and i was out on the porch in a heated text argument and i was getting extremely frustrated because my friend was denying something so simple. well a thunderstorm seemingly started up very fast and in the heat of the argument lightning stuck right beside be knocked out the power in the house but the electricity from it somehow traveled to the bench i was sitting on and i was sitting on one of the bolts in the bench and it shocked me through that and it hurt not that bad but more of that was uncomfortable.

another set of stuff that happened to me was

one week at work a lady came to the register and she just had a dress and a box of shoes and i thought to myself ''we dont need to waste a bag on this, the dress could fit in the box with the shoes'' then as im ringing her up i look over and she was folding the dress n putting it in the box which was cool cause i just thought it.

then another time i was working in shoes n it was slow so me n the guys were just standing around talking and they starting talking about boxing n mma which i dont really know anything about so i decided to straighten up my section and one of the impulse items we had on one of the displays was a book about random stuff you didnt know and i opened it up and the page i open it up to was all about boxing n mma so i walk back and was able to join the conversation.

then one day i was getting some work on my car done and my girlfriend picked me up from the shop and we were chilling at my house well i get up to turn the lights of as if we were about to leave and shes like what are you doing and i say the cars ready and she says gino(my mechanic) hasnt even called? well as im walking towards her my phone rings and its gino and hes like hey your cars ready then she gives me a look like dont even start lol.

and one week i ended up seeing a stray get hit by a car that i was just playing with and i ended up running to the scene of the hit and stood infront of a big rig coming straight towards me without flinching in an effort to keep the dog from getting hit again well some strangers with a truck offered to help my get the dog to help so i picked her up and jumped in the back of their truck and went to the animal hospital n i took financial responsibility for the stray well just examination drained my account and the vet said it would cost a whole lot just to even try to get her stable which would be very hard. well i didnt have the money and didnt wanna put her down cause she was fighting so hard on the way there.well i figured that was my only option so i was gonna get her put down. well i didnt even have enough money with me to do that so i had to go home and get more money. the whole trip i really didnt wanna put her down cause she was really fighting in there. well when i got back she was still alive and i asked to see her once more before i put her down. well they pushed her in on a gurney and not even a minute she passed away on her own which felt like she was waiting for me to get back because someone actually gave her compassion (she seemed abused before everything went down)and it made me happy cause she got to go with someone caring beside her even if i was just a stranger..

well a week later i had two near death incidences and on another day i witnessed 5 deaths in about 15 minutes in two unrelated incidences right after i passed an area that was fine but when i returned a couple of minutes later i saw the two tragic incidences

ever since the stuff mentioned in the last two paragraphs ive been able to ''smell death''

also i love water n was surfing the other day and randomly two dolphins came up to me when i was in the line up which was pretty surreal. not that big of deal tho lol

i can also kinda read my friends minds like i'll verbally respond to their thoughts like we are having a conversation. i can ''read'' them but i cant. its hard to explain but i do it alot

and the most recent i was talking to my gf and was like what do u think about bowling? weve never gone and the last time i went was about 3 years ago. wellshes like sure
              well the next day i get a post in the mail for 7 free games at a bowling alley nearby and i happen to see the stamp and the card isnt one of those prestamp printed ones its an actual stamp with surfboards on it(i love surfing btw) idk if that really anything but thought it was neat

some info about me might help

when i was born i had heart complications ad died a couple of times and when i was 8 i had to have another surger and i flatlined again

when i was in kindergarden at school i told my class mates that i was an angel and basically told them everything about the book of revelations which is weird cause i didnt grow up going to the church or really exposed to religion and i thought i was just playing make believe or something but thinking back at it i have know clue how i knew about the book of revelations being so young and the fact that i hadnt ever gone to church

i also love stress,under extreme pressure and stress i always keep really level headed and think alot clearly sorta ''grace under pressure''

also i always take on situations that i know i cant handle because for me its the most eficient and quickest way for me to learn and it really pushes me

doctors are always surprised at what i can do physically cause of me heart situation(since my last surgery was when i was eight my valve is fitted for an eight year olds body

they thought i had adhd so the doctor perscribed me stratera to see if it helped but i stopped taking it cause it gave me a headache

also i forgot to mention at work i was in the break room once on my break making food and when my food was done in the microwave i opened it up to get my macaroni and cheese out and the microwave turned back on with my hand in it

also my hobbies are

swimming surfing camping sleeping outside in a hammock playing musical instrumentalist (guitar,sitar,violin,bouzouki,piano,etc)

i love water and the outdoors

so whats your opinion on all this??

im 20 btw and a libra

and im a really mind over matter person like a couple of weeks ago i broke my nose hitting my windshield on my bike my friends were freaking out big time about it and my shirt was black from all the blood and i just laughed told my friend how to set my nose back he did and the pain didnt even bother me

i eat ghost peppers like candy lol spicy food doesnt bother me. i almost broke my ankle a couple of weeks ago and i feel pain but it never bothered me
              Last edited by tomas377; 30 Aug 2012, 03:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Asrais View Post
                Hi James! How is Ireland?

I had good reason for leaving, I lived in Tallaght!
                Hah I lived in springfield and foxdene myself I dont blame yeh! Did you meet many pagans here?

Irelands picking up its getting back to 07 levels supposedly.Its rained all summer the boggers havent been able to save hey and jedward havent been assasinated yet :P

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: joined this website cause i need i guess you could say help?long post plz read

Dude... First of all, welcome to the forum It's always possible that there's something unusual about someone, but it is also very possible that you're freaking yourself out. Our brains are wired to find patterns, even where non exist, so it's important to be careful.

My advice? Get yourself a journal. Write down anything that strikes you as unusual or being unusually intuitive, and research. Not just paranormal stuff, either. For example, someone who finds themselves very good at keying into the emotions of others would benefit immensely from reading studies about the plethora of tiny facial and body cues we constantly give each other, and how some read those better then others.

Always start with the simplest, most logical explanation, and go from there.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by JamesByrne View Post
                      Hah I lived in springfield and foxdene myself I dont blame yeh! Did you meet many pagans here?

Irelands picking up its getting back to 07 levels supposedly.Its rained all summer the boggers havent been able to save hey and jedward havent been assasinated yet :P
                      Lol - so not much has changed then - I watched the eurovision here and cringed when I saw Irelands act! Those two nutbags! At least they are better than dustin!

When I was living there I was involved with a reiki group in Enfield, they had a few pagans and wiccans. I guess when I was there, I didn't feel as free to explore these things so much. A lot more happening over here, retreats and meditation groups and that - of course I haven't got to any of those yet!

It'd be nice to see oul Ireland picking up again - I still have family and friends there and obviously in my heart, that will always be my home, I hate to see her struggling because of a lousy govt.

Hi Dez, Thanks!

Comment

I'm different from people I know so here I am!

Hello I am brit! I'm a 21 year old female (obviously) I consider myself an atheist but I have always found myself drawn to pagan traditions. I have a beautiful collection of crystals I am working with regularly, my tarot cards which are so precious I refuse to buy a second deck. I find that my readings are always dead accurate. I did a reading for my mother (who refused to let me have them, she thought they were summoning evil spirits) and it predicted my father losing his job randomly and we did not realize it until afterwards. I have studied paganism and more specifically wiccan traditions for 12 years I have always been drawn to it for some reason. Anyways, I am a very nice person who loves to soak up any knowledge I can so send me messages. Include spells, any fun layouts for readings, anything you'd like! Nice to meet everyone!

Comment

Re: I'm different from people I know so here I am!

Welcome aboard!
                          [4:82]

Comment

Hello and welcome
                            [4:82]

Comment

Re: joined this website cause i need i guess you could say help?long post plz read

I wonder if you have ever been properly electrocuted? Not shocked or nearby, but like stuck-a-wet-finger-in-a-socket electrocuted. I have issues with older computers and some other pieces of technology because of a previous electrocution, I don't really understand the science behind it but I used to shut down computers at school by touching them. Some of the electricity related things may have something to do with that. Also Dez gave some good advice, simple logical fact, usually trumps goosebumps... and hey who doesn't want to learn new stuff?

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: I'm different from people I know so here I am!

Hello and welcome!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X