Things I'm no longer allowed to do with Magic:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things I'm no longer allowed to do with Magic:

84. I'm no longer allowed to do spells to keep "unwanted guests" away just to keep my mother-in-law from visiting.
    85. I'm no longer allowed to use my broom to sweep away negative energy, at least when the source is my neighbor.

Comment

86. I am no longer allowed to dance with my broom in the kitchen using the handle as a microphone to sing Justin Bieber
      sigpic

Comment

87. I'm no longer allowed to wear my bulky ritual sandals while belly dancing.
        a. Even if the ritual is to a cow goddess.
        b. Regardless of how much I look like a dancing cow.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

88. I'm no longer allowed to do tarot readings when my friends are drunk. It seems they believe the readings 100% and do silly things based on the readings. Oops.
          89. I'm no longer allowed to call on nature spirits during a storm to bless my "power jewelry" especially when the necklace I'm blessing is the witch's knot that represents the four winds.....the tornado sirens might just go off afterwards.
          90. I'm no longer allowed to do weather magick.....ever.

Comment

91. I am no longer allowed to refer to my ancestors as "those crazy people."
            92. I am no longer allowed to say "accio matches" because I accidentally left them outside of my circle.
            a. I am no longer allowed to use any Harry Potter spells... ever!
            b. Even if I am joking.
            c. Even if everyone laughs so hard ceremonial wine gets spilled on my new carpet.
            sigpic

Comment

93. I am no longer allowed to invoke the great god Spacebattles
              A. Or to call upon its prophets
              94. Thor is not a small grey alien and will not loan me an ftl capable warship with go-away beams of doom
              95. The Babylon 5 mantra has no place in ritual circles. No Ivonava is not God.
              96. The list is life. I shall not transgress against the list nor suffer those who violate its commandments to live (except when I do).
              Last edited by MaskedOne; 28 Apr 2011, 20:28.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

97. I'm no longer allowed to pause the ritual that I'm leading to take photos for the coven scrapbook. lol
                98. I'm no longer allowed to bring my camera to ritual.

Comment

98. I'm no longer allowed to summon the Egregore of a dying town.
                  a. especially not to taught him/her with chemotherapy in Reiki
                  b. even if it needs said chemotherapy

99. I'm forbidden to evoke *any* deity into my cat.
                  a. not even if it will definitely calm her down.
                  b. because it will not make her less playful, but instead moreso.
                  c. because odd things happen afterwards.
                  "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
                  http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
                  "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
                  http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
                  "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
                  http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

100. I'm no longer allowed to participate in the symbolic great rite during ritual because of laughing about it......even when I'm the priestess leading the ritual.
                    101. I'm no longer allowed to "wing it" for Sabbat rituals. I end up giggling.
                    102. I'm no longer allowed to use spells from Charmed for coven rituals or spells....no matter how much I think the wording of them is good. (I know they won't work like in the show, but that doesn't meaning the wording isn't good for real spells when I can't think up a rhyme.)
                    103. I'm no longer allowed to wear short skirts during ritual on windy days unless I want everyone to see my pink underwear. lol.
                    104. I'm no longer allowed to try to talk to my familiar using my mind......I might channel into the other cat, who is dumb, and thinking about licking plastic bags because they taste good. (Don't ask!)

Comment

106) I shall not utter "Only now do you understand the true power of the Dark Side" while speaking to Angels. They are not impressed.

107) I shall not call Hastur three times in a row.

108) I shall not impugn Zeus' honor, intellect, heritage or size while I'm caught in the open during a thunderstorm.

109) I shall not attempt to sing the element song with angelic names instead of elements.

110) I shall not form a cult of Mystra. Someone will inevitably recognize that I'm borrowing deities from the Forgotten Realms.
                      A) I will under no cirumstances, ever ask for monetary donations to the Church of Mystra as being sued for copyright infringement is not fun.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

111) I shall under no circumstances invoke the Egyptian God, Set, when I'm at any rituals.
                        -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

112. I am no longer allowed to read runes for my dog
                          a. the cat either
                          113. I am no longer allowed to substitute grape juice for the ceremonial wine without telling everyone
                          a. no matter how funny it is to see them "drunk" on grape juice
                          sigpic

Comment

114. I am no longer allowed to make corn dollies just so I can animate them and train them to sing, "If I Only Had a Brain".
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                            surrounded by plush, downy things,
                            ill prepared, but willing,
                            to descend."

Comment

115) I am no longer allowed to perform rituals from ancient grimoires using Google books as an e-reader.

SPOILER: When you preview books on Google books, it skips every other page.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

116) I am no longer allowed to banish a demonic being via the interwebs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X