Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Interpretation

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Dream Interpretation

Have a weird dream? Want another POV? Need some help figuring it out?

Post about it here!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

AlabasterBuffalo

Re: Dream Interpretation

Okay bear with me on this one I am about to take you a gnarly adventure here. I already have my own ideas on how to interpret this but a second opinion is always great. So its starts in a wooded area,I walk for a bit and come upon a river,all along the river are dead fish, as I see the dead fish I start to see dolphins jump on shore and start to flail around,I manage to get a few of the dolphins back in the water but suddenly I am attacked by a panther I struggle and struggle but to avail. Unfortunately that's where it ends and I wake up. I know that dreams are often reflections of what occurs throughout the day but during the day I had absolutely no thought of any of these things. So with that being said what is your interpretation?
    As an added note I have started writing these dreams down since the dolphin one and have been having more dreams like it do you think that if I continue writing them down I will keep having them?

Jun 2006
    Religion
    Hedge Pantheism
    Phrase
    Whatever satisfies the soul is the truth

When I help with dreams, I like to think a bit about the dreamer first. Do animals have symbolic or more literal qualities to you? Do you think of yourself as an animal or as apart?

If you are a symbolism person, fish often represent wisdom and knowledge, some people consider then symbols of fertility. Either way, dead fish would be to me a lack of knowledge, or more appropriately a denial of what you know and a stagnation of creativity. Dolphins are also a symbol of thought, but more of intelligence than wisdom (which are very different things) also of playfulness and curiosity. Saving "some" of them might mean you are managing to get along on ideas and play, but the deeper wisdom feels like it is lacking. The panther usually indicates caution and danger, but it also represents power. I'd heard it referred to as "reclaiming of power." So perhaps wrestling with the panther is an attempt at regaining what you feel like you've lost.

Since it ends there, it seems like you have an ongoing struggle.

AlabasterBuffalo

That's is a good interpretation it actually fits like a puzzle with things that are going on now thank you for your insight Rowanwood it is much appreciated

autoreg

I have this awful dram where a clown chases me and i can't run and at the end he kill s me.... i don t know what it means.

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Solitary Eclectic Pagan Witch

I have a recurring dream (nightmare) in which I get a small pet (this has been all sorts of things, but usually a hamster or a fish) and then put it in another room, close the door, and forget that it exists. Then, I will remember suddenly, and of course it has starved to death. :-[

I hate that dream.

Oct 2010

I keep dreaming I'm sitting with a weird figure, almost like a wolf orsomething on top a cliff, staring at a red moon.. Everytime I try to ask the figure what it is, I awaken.
    The determination of a man who knows that he is the only thing standing between the thing he loves… and its utter destruction.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan
    Phrase
    That was fun. Lets never do that again.

I had a dream the other night about being stranded in a beach that had a cardboard house and on the top floor of this house was a bath filled with like mud/sand stuff. I was sat in the bath and then i fell through and collapsed and died, i woke up feeling breathless and went back to sleep, then continued the dream. My friend gave me CPR and said the tide is coming in, we have to eat these dead dinosaurs and get out of here. So we ate them and found a rope with beads on it that we had to climb and we climbed and met the warden from Shawshank, who then pushed us down and then we were continually falling.

It was strange...
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    learning things...

[quote author=autoreg link=topic=34.msg1606#msg1606 date=1286880949]
    I have this awful dram where a clown chases me and i can't run and at the end he kill s me.... i don t know what it means.
    [/quote]

hmm, i also have sometimes one of those dreams. but then only it's not a clown but a giant spider, running after me in my own house. i try to scream but i can't and my mom is than just sitting in a chair, reading a book, not noticing me. Ain't fun >.>

I think those are just nightmares, actually
    Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

honeybee

I am hoping someone might understand, and help me to understand this.
    A little while ago I had a dream that a group of people came and told me that I am a High Priestess. I don't normally pay too much attention to dreams but this one was extremely vivid. I did a little research online, but found such varying definitions, so I didn't worry about looking into it anyfurther. (I don't really know what a High Priestess is)
    Anyway, this morning, my 4yr old and I saw a large black moth, seemingly, fly through our (closed) front door. It is now in my bedroom.
    Normally I wouldn't think too much more about this event but something about it reminded me about my dream.
    So I am back on my research mission.
    Can anybody help me?
    I am a 35yr old mum of 2, Of no religious denomination, I don't do drugs, drink or smoke... I feel profoundly effected by my dream and this mornings moth event.
    Would appreciate any guidance or advice
    Thankyou