X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream Interpretation

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
    I find it odd that there are only 3 people in my life that I dream about. Which is odd, since I have a family of 5, and one of the 3 isn't even related.
    Could it be that these three shared another life with you or that they have similar energy or that they all regularly perform spirit work of some sort? Any of these conditions might mean that they are readily accessible from your dream-space.

Could it be that you have chosen these three as representative of larger groups of people (or ideas or some combination of ideas and people)?

Or, if the reason is non-mystical, could it be that these are the strongest personalities around you or the ones that cause the strongest emotions in your waking life? If this is the case, your brain may have to spend more time dealing with them than it does with others.

And, of course, almost everyone has lots of dreams they don't remember. The other people could be in those dreams.
    OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
    The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
    Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

I had the worst, most disgusting freaking dream of my life yesterday. Now, I do take Elavil for terminal/idiopathic insomnia, and it allows me to dream in the first place. On the rare occasions I do dream it's usually work-related. But yesterday...

(Hidden because of spiders)

Spoiler!
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I have had a "mystery woman" appear in my dreams over the past few years. Not sure who she is but she seems like she is protecting or guiding me. She always wears the same colors white, blue and gold. Never have I been afraid of her. She sometimes appears like in the middle of a normal dream and all of a sudden there she is standing there! I have seen her in regular shirt and shorts, and seen her in a medieval dress with belled sleeves wearing the same colors and she was holding two glowing orbs in her hand and smiling at me. If anyone is good at interpreting dreams I will share more about her that I have seen in my dreams. I have asked others over the past few years and no one has a clue. Some have said an Angel and some Spirit Guides....so not really sure who she is, but I can describe her in great detail!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiddycatmeow View Post
          I have had a "mystery woman" appear in my dreams over the past few years. Not sure who she is but she seems like she is protecting or guiding me. She always wears the same colors white, blue and gold. Never have I been afraid of her. She sometimes appears like in the middle of a normal dream and all of a sudden there she is standing there! I have seen her in regular shirt and shorts, and seen her in a medieval dress with belled sleeves wearing the same colors and she was holding two glowing orbs in her hand and smiling at me. If anyone is good at interpreting dreams I will share more about her that I have seen in my dreams. I have asked others over the past few years and no one has a clue. Some have said an Angel and some Spirit Guides....so not really sure who she is, but I can describe her in great detail!
          I'm not really great into dream interpretation, but to me that sounds very much like an Angel, particularly a guardian one.

I've had a recurring dream figure over the years as well, maybe I'll give your question time to get talked about and answered and bring it up later...

- - - Updated - - -

could you describe her in more detail ?
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            I had the worst, most disgusting freaking dream of my life yesterday. Now, I do take Elavil for terminal/idiopathic insomnia, and it allows me to dream in the first place. On the rare occasions I do dream it's usually work-related. But yesterday...

(Hidden because of spiders)

Spoiler!
            I don't know that there's deeper meaning...but that sounds JUST like the sort of dreams I used to have when I took 5-HTP before bed. It's like all my neurons were firing all screwy. I think it took just normal background anxiety and my brain interpreted it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
              I'm not really great into dream interpretation, but to me that sounds very much like an Angel, particularly a guardian one.

I've had a recurring dream figure over the years as well, maybe I'll give your question time to get talked about and answered and bring it up later...

- - - Updated - - -

could you describe her in more detail ?
              I sent you a PM about it in more detail!
              sigpic

Comment

The Recurring Nightmare

I thought I'd bring this up, I've been thinking of doing so for a long time. But its strange and personal, and I've had variations on it enough times I'm fairly certain it “means” something, even if that is simply a weird subconscious reaction to some stimuli. This is the Nightmare I have had enough times I took the figure in the dream and wrote them into a full length play I was working on. I still have the dream occasionally. I've had it for years.

The setting of the dream varies, but it is always an endless landscape of some sort. Once, I was on a field of flawless flat glass hovering about a foot and a half over a field of white sand that stretched on forever, the full moon floating above in a perfectly starless sky. Several times I was in the woods, the ground flat, fog clouding out anything but the dark-green leaved trees and the black dirt. A few times I was on a row boat, floating on a nearly still sea, the water faintly ripping, the full moon shining as ever in a starless sky bright and center as always in a strange world of endless darkness and water.( aesthetics of these dreams are always perfect, they never have something that feels out of place, or randomly switch to a different location. They run from beginning to end, with no stops or segues.)

Then, the figure enters. When I am in the woods, it walks into sight (usually), sliding out from behind the trees and fog. When I am in the ocean and on the glass, it hovers down.

It is a figure cloaked in black. A hood masks its face (if it has one) and there is only shadow there, its arms and legs are coated in black clothing as well. Sometimes it wears metal gauntlets, sometimes not. Pieces of cloth, tatters from its robes that only leave more black under them, wave in a non-existent wind. The figure always has a sort of spike. Sometimes it is iron, like a railroad spike, sometimes it is a wooden spike, one hastily made like a broken chair leg. Some times, but not always it carries a hammer along with the spike to drive it in. I always have the distinct impression, and knowledge in the dream, that it is an Angel.

The figure, “Growler” as I have taken to be calling it, as a sort of joke as it is utterly and totally silent (its footfalls make no noise. When it steps, it seems to barely hold itself to the ground) then murders me with the spike. In the woods, it grabs me from behind and stabs me with the wooden stake. In the torso till I am dead, my blood splattered and soaking into the dirt. In the ocean or on the glass, it lines up one perfect blow into my forehead with the spike, usually guided with the hammer. Sometimes it traps me under the glass, and shatters the glass around me while driving the spike into my forehead, the glass cutting into my skin as I slowly bleed to death.

Growler then flies or walks away. When it flies, it simply moves through the air like a dancer on wires, always elegant, always silent....

No matter what, I die in the dream. Growler kills me, and leaves. It usually takes me a few moments to die, sputtering on my own blood, as the full white moon shines over me in the starless sky...

I have no idea what this dream is about. But its always terrifying. And I've had it for years and years now. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comment

I am bumping this thread because I'd really really like to get somebody's opinion on this.

Comment

Honestly, it sounds very much like what happened to me when I realized I was having sleep paralysis, right down to the floaty, menacing figure. The first part is actually sleeping dream, then you almost wake, feel paralyzed and terrified, in your case you mind adds the attack to "wake" you the rest of the way.

Otherwise, to me, these things would be obviously symbolic to you of something.

I think dreams are an access into our subconscious, but sometimes its a chemical burp too.

Comment

How is it that I haven't noticed this thread yet? O_O
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Here we go. So, i NEVER remember my dreams, but ive remembered my dreams for the past two nights for some reason. The first is odd, and the second is confusing. Please excuse any spelling/grammar mistakes, im on mobile.

1. So i'm on vacation with some family and we come across a street performer with two birds named Artemis and Apollo. The birds re flying around the crowd and people are loving it and such. After most people have left, im sitting there and Apollo flies over to me and lands on my hand and lets me pet him and such. The performer comes over and is all, "This bird is always tempermental and nevet lets anyone hold him at all." Then i go over to the other bird, Artemis, and attempt to hold her but she refused to even notice me. Then i wake up.

2. So, im on vacation again, but this time i know where. Im in the carribean at some nice resort (which i recognized because my family goes on cruises often.) and before me is a pool and a lazy river. I notice in the lazy river a dad and his incredibly attractive son. I begin to walk over there and suddenly someone (i cant even remember what they look like) is in front of me, asking me what 4 things i care about the most. I dont remember my answer. Then im in the lasy river with my dad and stepmom, and im like, 10 again. Then i wake up.

The only reason im asking help for this is because i remember maybe 4 dreams a year, and ive remembered the past two nights dreams.

Comment

I tend to have some bizarre narratives in my dreams, but here are a few I've had in the last week that stuck out:

(quoted from my dream journal)

1. "There is a little boy who is in prison for a murder he didn't commit. He is prone to escaping for short periods of time to see the outside world, and he tries his best not to get caught while he is away. This time that he escapes, he runs into a large group of friends I am with. We hang out with him. We go to a cafe, and it just so happens that his mother is there. His mother is being confronted by a group of people dedicated to the idea that Vincent Van Gogh did not commit suicide, but was murdered. They are accusing the boy's mother of being the murderer. However, with the help of the boy, my friends, and me, it is proved that this is not the case. The Van Gogh conspiracy people admit defeat, but are still convinced that someone murdered him. I'm fascinated by them, and I have the female leader write down her number for me, so that I can contact them and get involved, but I can't read the handwriting and I fear that I'll loose touch. After this, my friends and I go to a bar. It just so happens that this is where the Van Gogh people are all hanging out afterwards. I order a tom collins at the bar, but my friends tell me not to order any more, because we're leaving soon. I approach the leader again, and this time she gives me a calling card. I also see that she has cocaine, and I ask for a line. I do one line. Then, secretly from my friends, I ask if I can buy a little more off her. She sells me a 30 sack." [note: I do not do cocaine]

2. "M
                          y best friend is a detached strand of hair. He is cute and kind of speaks like Marcel the Shell. He needs to raise money so that he can buy accessories for himself. We try to get him a job at McDonalds, but he is too frail to cook burgers. We then try to get him a job at the different McDonalds across the street. At first they say they won't hire him, but then we suggest that he act as their mascot. We point out that they don't make nearly as much money as the franchise across the street. They say that they'll agree if their corporate headquarters approves it. We talk to corporate and they approve the idea and give my hair friend a large advance. He is very excited to buy accessories."

3. "
                          A family of personifications of livers are starving to death. The children have jaundice. Meanwhile, the guardian of a bearded young adult's dreams reposts the man's snapchat about his grandmother dying. One snap has a picture of the grave, with the caption "the saddest day of my life", and there is another snap from a few days earlier that shows the man having fun with his grandmother at the county fair, shortly before she dies." [Note: I have a beard, and the last time I was with my grandmother outside of the hospital before she died (some years ago) was at a county fair]

Edit: sorry if that's too much at once to process. I have a pretty active dream life, and these were just some recent ones that seemed especially
                          significant.

Edit: Here's some additional information on dream #1: There's a cafe by my house called Van Gogh cafe. Also I share the same sun, moon, and ascendent signs with Van Gogh (sun in Ares, moon is Sagittarius, Cancer rising)
                          Last edited by Yex; 02 Feb 2015, 12:23.

Comment

I received this dream after a lengthy time of meditation, most about me simply thinking of Yinepu (Anubis). After i finished my session, a bizarre power covered over me, it was something so weird feeling that i dont have the words to describe it. Usually after meditating, I'll rest because I'll flex my energy for practice. In my dream i was hovering over this Egyptian tomb i believe? It was covered completely in desert sand and it was from a birds eye view and as i hovered over it words of "Egypt" and other words(i don't have enough time to state others) were repeated

Comment

Originally posted by InTheClarity View Post
                              I received this dream after a lengthy time of meditation, most about me simply thinking of Yinepu (Anubis). After i finished my session, a bizarre power covered over me, it was something so weird feeling that i dont have the words to describe it. Usually after meditating, I'll rest because I'll flex my energy for practice. In my dream i was hovering over this Egyptian tomb i believe? It was covered completely in desert sand and it was from a birds eye view and as i hovered over it words of "Egypt" and other words(i don't have enough time to state others) were repeated
                              Okay time to finish this. But after the dream i awoke early in the morning to this entity that was emitting the same bizarre aura that i felt during meditation and my resting period. It looked like something wrapped up in bandages, all i could make out were the worn out looking bandages because everything else was just shadowy

Comment

Dream interpretation

So I do a lot of my own dream interpretations, I even have my own dream diary that sits next to my bed for me to wake up to. This particular dream is extremely vivid in my head, even after a couple days.
                                So, the dream kicks off with me walking down a deserted street at night, being a very quite peaceful night. All of a sudden, these three men ambush me, and throw me down an alley way, and continuous kick and assault me. I end up breaking away from them, and standing my ground halfway down the alley. I pull my knife out, as they laugh, and pull their own out, and jeer. Now at this point in the dream, it being so vivid and realistic, I came to terms with my fate of death. They slowly start to back mine into a corner, where I yell at them "I am ready to die for my Gods, are you?" All of a sudden, the scene changes to that of a village, one under siege by a tremendous attack. Buildings on fire, screams of dying people, woman and men running in all directions, as I am cornered by three armored and well armed men, with shaved heads. I am now armed as well with a sword, and I am bloodied and cut in many areas
                                One goes "our gods aren't here to save you today!"
                                Another goes "How do you know they were ever there for you at all?"
                                the last one starts to walk towards me, as I ready myself.
                                All of a sudden, a rage of thunder, and a bright white rein of my would be attackers, and while they are blinded, my mind turns to that of an animal. I can hear myself yell "ODIN!!" as I Ferociously slash and stab them each in turn with my sword. As they fall, my own strength begins to fad, and the pain from my cuts, even in dream, were so real, and intense, that I collapse. Out of the sky, from the light that was, comes down a bearded, one eyed man, in full armor. He looks down at me, as the Valkyries swoop down and picking me up, and bring me up to him. Odin smiles at me, and booms "stay on your path."
                                I am then woken up by my girlfriend who says she had been trying to wake me for the past 10 minutes, as I was yelling out in my dream, and rolling around.
                                The whole dream felt so real. My own conclusion is that it Is a sign from Odin. This week, I got into online fights with over 50 people, who were skin heads claiming to be Odinists. I do think this is a dream brought on by Odin, letting me know he agreed with my side, and that those who use his name in vein will only be brought down by his power.
                                Thoughts?
                                "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                                And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                                They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                                The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                                - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X