This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children and their guides

alright so I whole heartedly believe that everyone has their own guide... be it what it may. animal or human shape w/e
    I have a wolf and so does Dufonce. and I was and still am insanely interested in what/who our son will get.

well.. I'm not sure cause he could have been rambling.. but we were walking out of Dufonce's work the other day and Daniel(our son) says 'puhpeee" (puppy) I looked around and saw no dog. I said to him "where? i dont see a puppy? where is the puppy?" to which he replies "right there" and points to air... nothingness... i could have cried... is it true? did our son get a wolf like us?

what do you all think?????

P.S. I dont know how to spell "right there' in baby so you dont get the effect :P
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Re: Children and their guides

No good advice here, hun...sorry.

My MIL is extremely good at seeing Mormon symbolism in things my kids do for no reason at all. I think it's made me jaded. Every now and then, there's something that I just mentally put on a shelf for later, but at the moment, if something hits me emotionally like that, it's usually proof of wires I already know are crossed.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

As with all things concerning children, there's a lot to be said for 'just wait and see.' Certainly don't push the idea of a wolf or get too excited about it otherwise it will just become a self fulfilling prophecy and you might never get to see what it was your little boy saw. Small children (and older ones too, for that matter) aren't always too accurate about identifying animals. And I can't help remembering the old 1950's Goon Show on the radio with the immortal line: 'Bluebottle, repeat after me. I must learn to tell the difference between a spider and a lion....'

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

oh yeah I understand! i've never pushed it. and I havent since he said it. it was just so exciting i had to share.
        "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

I'm sure when your son is old enough, he'll share his guide with you. In the meantime, you get to have exciting moments like this!

Comment

Totally exciting :-)

Comment

Working...
            X